• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
It's not like A-poolers or API studs are not welcome at the club. In fact, it might be a breath of fresh air to talk some studs and instructors who are not part of NASC for a change.

phrogpilot73

It's not like A-poolers or API studs are not welcome at the club. In fact, it might be a breath of fresh air to talk some studs and instructors who are not part of NASC for a change.
So what the fuck was I?!? A reserve Marine helicopter pilot... Don't get much further away than NASC than that...

For what it's worth, PSW is coming down in March and is planning on making an appearance at the club. She's even FURTHER removed from NASC...

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
So what the fuck was I?!? A reserve Marine helicopter pilot... Don't get much further away than NASC than that...

For what it's worth, PSW is coming down in March and is planning on making an appearance at the club. She's even FURTHER removed from NASC...

Haha, no I meant for A-poolers it might be nice to talk to some non-NASC folks. I always like talking to out-of-town folks at the club.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
I gotta tell you the excuse matrix for not going to the O'Club is pretty lame on this thread:

"I want to wait until I can wear a bag."

"I'll be there unless I have an event that day."

"I'll be there unless I have an event the next day."

"I'm just an A-Pooler. No one wants me there."

Last night Norfolk had about 40 people cycle through the O'Club doors, not including the entire USS Wasp Wardroom and many of their spouses. WASP pulled in that day. They showed up and many of them were still going strong @ 2030 when a buddy and I departed the pattern and headed elsewhere.

There were RAG students, pre-wing E-2 NFO studs, spouses, retirees (including a retired Helo Flag), MH-53 guys (including a CO and former CO), H-60 guys, F-4 / F-14 guys, A-6 guys, a SWO, a bunch of reservists, an Army O-6 former Brigade Combat Team leader, and the coolest were a retired USAF RB-66 / B-52 Electronic Warfare Officer, an RF-4 Wild Weasel retiree, and a retired Army JAG and his lovely wife. The last four had just returned from a Space-A trip to Crete and Italy and were having a drink prior to calling it a night and going their separate ways the next day.

We didn't have a nurse (unless WASP brought one, I forgot to ask) - this time, but the ladies who did show up seemed to have a fun time.

The WASP guys weren't part of the initial plan, but we invited them to drink our beer, and they invited us to eat their chow and it all worked out fine.

Some drank beer, some wine, some mixed drinks, and some just soda. They all had fun proving you don't need to bust the 12 hour rule for drinking/flying, so there goes another weak excuse.

Total bill for 75 people drinking and socializing between 1600 and 2030 came to exactly $200, including a generous tip. Money well spent.

Quit making excuses and get out to the club and make your own fun. You might enjoy meeting some new people. I did.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
The moral of the story is:

GET YOUR PUNK ASS TO THE CLUB. YESTERDAY.

You may even drink for FREE.

At the first NASP meeting of the minds I got there hella-early because it was Friday, and nothing happens at NASP after 1200 on Friday. A LtCol who was there for a winging came in looking for his mug hanging up. I scoped it out for him. I was the only one sitting there (because it was hella-early) so he went behind the bar to get it. He asked what I wass having and he bought a pitcher of it and charged my glass and rolled. Because "that's the rules, right?" Later on I drank a few on Hozer's dime (thanks, sir).

To be honest...I have no fucking clue what the rules are because the NASP O'Club has no rules posted which doesn't help. Where in Hell are they? All I know is no covers on heads, no covers on the bar, and don't go behind the bar.

Point 1) Free booze happens often at the O'Club when you don't scream douchebag.

Point 2) Anybody have a link to "The Rules?"

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
To be honest...I have no fucking clue what the rules are because the NASP O'Club has no rules posted which doesn't help. Where in Hell are they? All I know is no covers on heads, no covers on the bar, and don't go behind the bar.

Point 1) Free booze happens often at the O'Club when you don't scream douchebag.

Point 2) Anybody have a link to "The Rules?"

There's a set posted in the BOQ Bar @ Spruance Hall (Norfolk). If no one replies I'll copy them down and post. You've got the big three. They are usually posted near the bell. Every bar ought to have a bell.

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
...but the ladies who did show up seemed to have a fun time.

I can only speak for myself, but I thought it was a fabulous way to spend a Friday evening. The Club [was/is/could be] something special, but only if people use it.

The occasional opportunity to drink for free does nothing to dissuade my husband and me from future attendance. :D

MasterBates

If someone rings the bell, they buy a round.

We once tied a string (the one in a flight suit thigh pocket) to the bell's lanyard, and tied the other end VERY discreetly to the XO's belt buckle.

He walked away- "DOOOOOONNNNG"

XO bought for the entire bar. And it was PACKED. Probably cost him a good $150.

He's on the command bonus. He can afford it.