• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cunningham pardoned

Owen

Just want to let everyone know that President Trump pardoned Randy Cunningham yesterday before leaving office. He is a controversial character, I know. In my opinion,
he f(ud up bad, paid his debt to society, and now has his dignity back.

v/r,
Owen Miller

Last edited:

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Just want to let everyone know that President Trump pardoned Randy Cunningham yesterday before leaving office. He is a controversial character, I know. In my opinion,

v/r,
Owen Miller

Good to know if I decide to become a cunt (maybe too late?), dick over taxpayers and further damage DoD readiness by stealing an undue share of public funding, I might get a break after all since I was a FLYBOY --Pensacola cougars whistle from across Seville-- :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No he doesn't. He will always be known as a convicted felon who engaged in the very worst kind of public corruption so that he could personally enrich himself. He will always be an embarrassment to the Navy.
You can build a thousand bridges. Shag one sheep, and no one's ever going to call you a bridgebuilder.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
We're all human and humans make mistakes, big and small. The fact that he took bribes for the defense industry should make his crimes that much more loathsome to military members. Think about that every time you can't get a spare part, or something doesn't work the way it should, or when you're trying to do something simple but you have to waste time on onerous extra paperwork to ensure that some government financial process is following the rules. All of those things happen because there are people like him.

His debt to society was paid when he legally completed his prison sentence (even with the early release). What a pardon means to me is it's something that removes some of the restitution. In my mind this means that he has now not fully paid his debt to society.

If the man had a shred of honor left in him then he'd release some kind of public statement to the effect that he declines the pardon or that he doesn't deserve it. It wouldn't make a whit of material difference but it would be at least something. Instead he was silent when the papers contacted him today.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Since he’s been out of jail for years, this really doesn’t do much for him.

exNavyOffRec

v/r,
Owen Miller
He seems to be the only one that was not given a straight up pardon but a conditional pardon, so it appears he has to meet some conditions which are not mentioned.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
In his effort to drain the swamp, really glad to see him pardon stalwarts such as Rod Blagojevich and San Diego's own Duncan Hunter. Chef's kiss emoji.

Disgusting