• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crunch...oops was the tow tractor still attached???

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got this from a SWA 737 buddy of mine.

Lax 1/8/09
After pushback from the gate in LA, the pilot throttled up to taxi before the tractor and bar were disconnected from his/her aircraft and ...

b7b9fa46.jpg

0e622e91.jpg

ee632a6b.jpg

4eb2776b.jpg

8920b885.jpg

"I'm pretty sure it'll buff out."
d1166f19.jpg

d72c921b.jpg

b07cfbea.jpg

3a4637a7.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Again, bondo and some paint would make this fine. Probably still could have made the afternoon flight.

Why don't we make airplanes out of whatever tow tractors are made out of. That thing looks fine. Sure, it's probably heavy...but you can make anything fly with enough thrust.

GroundPounder

For obvious reasons, you don’t have to comment on this case specifically, but what could an airline crew expect to have happen when something like this happens? Assuming that no one is dead, and everyone was sober, could a pilot expect to keep working?
I have a relative that is a railroad engineer, and if they have an accident as long as they are not impaired, a mistake is not a career ender. He learned this the hard (easy) way by attempting to put 11 train cars on a siding that was only big enough for 10.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Slightly OT, looking at that AoA probe, do the airlines fly AoA approaches as well or reference speeds?

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Again, bondo and some paint would make this fine. Probably still could have made the afternoon flight.

Why don't we make airplanes out of whatever tow tractors are made out of. That thing looks fine. Sure, it's probably heavy...but you can make anything fly with enough thrust.
3/8 to 1/2 inch plate steel, I'd hate to foot the fuel bill on that. We have a couple of those tugs at work, one got a flat and it took a crane to lift it to change the tire.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Amazing how lack of attention to basic basic shit can cause this much damage.

Flugelman

Contributor
Reminds me of the old saw...

"How do you know you've landed gear up???"

"When it takes max power to taxi to the gate..."