• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
I am working on my package and was wondering, I have some issures on my credit that I am paying off, but should I delay my package for an extra month(I dont graduate until december anyways) and get those fully resolved or should I submit now? DO they look at credit? Also I have some tickets that I am paying off as well. Same questions, should I submit now or wait tilll they are full paid in a month or so?

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Well, I know that it's what is holding up my package right now. I have had to submit no less than four explanation/official records of my debt, why I have it, to whom it is owed, what I am doing/plan to do to rectify the situation, etc etc. I would wait the month and pay it off, because if it's not paid off, then it's going to delay everything longer than a month, I can guarantee that.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
They WILL look at your credit history. Your finances play a factor (some say a big one) in your TS clearance - for obvious reasons. Get it cleaned up before you submit. If you can't get it all cleaned up, just have a reasonable explanation for it.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Well, I wonder what the big deal is about owing $2500 to a credit card company, if you're NOT going for a TS clearance??? I'm just going Supply, for Pete's sake!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I think all O's have to have TS, but i'm not 100% certain. Secret for sure. You're given a great deal of responsibility and often times, very little oversight as an O. You can get away with quite a bit (and people have) if you're dishonest. Owing money, while not in and of itself a dishonest thing, could lead to problems later. I'm not saying you'd be like this, but people who have debt have been known to do things for money that people with less debt (or no debt) wouldn't do. Sometimes people get desperate and do bad things, despite being very good people. This is why credit is important. It can also be an indicator of reliability, organization, and prioritization.

I doubt $2500 would be even blinked at though. Many, many people owe that much to a credit card or whatever. It's when you have $20k, 30K, or 40K+ in high interst debt that they start to worry. House loans, car loans, student loans aren't a big deal, those are understandable. Besides, when you get to the fleet you'll see the nicest cars being driven by E-4's.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
I think all O's have to have TS, but i'm not 100% certain. Secret for sure.
Most O's only have (and need) a Secret clearance. I would imagine it is the same in the aviation community as it is in the surface community in that all DH's, XO's, and CO's must have a TS clearance while only a few first and second tour divo's/pilots/nfo's require a TS (mostly those who deal with comm sh!t and crypto).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Most O's only have (and need) a Secret clearance...... mostly those who deal with comm sh!t and crypto).

WARNING : THIS POST IS "TS/NOFORN/EYES ONLY" (read at your own risk)

"BITH" (back-in-the-day) ... all "O's" who even sniffed or thought about "nukes" , i.e., nearly all Aviators/NFO's in tactical and patrol squadrons --- had to have a TS/BI/NAC check and be pistol/courrier qualified. If memory serves (and sometimes it doesn't) E-men who loaded or had custody of the special weps had to have TS also ..... Is this still in effect or has all that gone by the wayside .... ???

3551_16-17B83%20bombs.jpg
logo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.