• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Credit Report - Active Duty Alert

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you are on active duty and going to be away from home for a prolonged period of time, you can have an "active duty alert" put on your credit report which requires creditors to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. If a business sees this alert on your report, per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, it has to contact you or your representative prior to issuing your credit. These alerts can last upto one year.

Info link
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/dutyalrt.shtm

Checking your credit report at least yearly isn't a bad idea either - you can get yours for free from each of the national consumer reporting agencies.

Equifax: 1-800-525-6285; www.equifax.com
Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742); www.experian.com
TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com

Cheers -
Rugger

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Checking your credit report at least yearly isn't a bad idea either - you can get yours for free from each of the national consumer reporting agencies.

Equifax: 1-800-525-6285; www.equifax.com
Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742); www.experian.com
TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com

One word on that... if you're going to get a free credit report, don't pay the extra $$$ to get your credit score. More than likely, it is not the FICO score that would be used by a lender. Also, it can take up to 45 days for a dispute to be cleared (assuming it shouldn't be there). I recently had two lines of my credit report removed which will likely increase my FICO score by as much as 100 points.

Also know that regardless of an active alert, a collection cannot occur while you are deployed. Of course, that would be a big pain in the rear to deal with once you arrive home (as was my case too).

MasterBates

Also know that regardless of an active alert, a collection cannot occur while you are deployed. Of course, that would be a big pain in the rear to deal with once you arrive home (as was my case too).

Should have paid your bar tab at the strip club.. :D

MasterBates

I used TXU my last 2 places in Corpus.. No BS yet.

Although the guys that came in behind me that I left the power on could not be bothered to switch it to their name, and ran me up a $80 electric bill in 12 days.. So I had them turn them off.