• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Credit/No Credit Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMY

Hey everyone,

When the navy looks at your transcrips, do they care if a class was graded under the credit/no-credit option? I have 5 classes like this, the rest I all have grades for. Is it a big deal?

Thanks

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I think you are talking about auditing a class. As far as selection is concerned, the Navy does care about Withdrawals, and bad grades, obviously. Auditing is a sneaky way to get around withdrawing from a class, and doesn't look as bad as withdrawing. Any pattern of auditing classes can be recognized, and probably would be frowned upon.

If you are auditing this class for any purpose other than avoiding a bad grade, I would write an explanation for it and submit it inside your application.

I.e.- I audited this basketweaving class because basketweaving has always been an extracuricular passion of mine, of which I wanted to pursue with no obligation to attend and perform.

Hope this was on the right track with your question.

JIMMY

Thanks for the response. It's not auditing though. I dont know if ur college was like this, but within the first month or so of the class you can decide if you want to be graded with an actual grade (A/B/C/D/F) or receive a credit/no-credit (pass/fail). If anyone else knows about that lemme know.

Thanks,

James

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
I have several classes that were taken pass/fail because it was required that they be taken that way. I didn't have a problem with them at all - I didn't explain them.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Godspeed said:
I audited this basketweaving class because basketweaving has always been an extracuricular passion of mine, of which I wanted to pursue with no obligation to attend and perform.

I sure wouldn't write that down on a package I was submitting to the Navy. "To pursue with no obligation to attend and perform".....wow, talk about committment. No, definitely not the message you want to send in an OCS package.

Status
Not open for further replies.