• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crazy Skydiving Stunt

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
damn...seems like that would be a huge rush unless you Bono it airborne

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Birdman suits are what they are called. I haven't tried em out yet, going to wait till the end of the year for that one. From what I understand it brings your freefall rate down to ~75mph vs 125mph belly to earth or ~150mph in a sit flying position. Surfing the clouds is commonly done with those as well.

Can't wait, the dropzone that I jump has them available free of charge.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot

Flying without an airplane. Check.

Petting tiger sharks. Check.

Set to AWOLNATION's "Sail". Check.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Can't give you crap for the 6 year thread resurrection, as that's a sweet video.

Thought this thread was gonna be about Felix Baumgartner trying to set the world record skydiving from 23 miles up.

Here he is at 13.6 miles:

120316102540_skydive3.JPG

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Squirrel suit, sharks, whatever - NBD. Perhaps he could incorporate a video segment of him having unprotected sex in Haiti or Uganda. :D

I'm amazed at how close those guys cut it flying next to ridges or through those valleys. Presumably with lots of experience, but it looks like the penalty for failure is pretty high.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Squirrel suit, sharks, whatever - NBD. Perhaps he could incorporate a video segment of him having unprotected sex in Haiti or Uganda. :D

I'm amazed at how close those guys cut it flying next to ridges or through those valleys. Presumably with lots of experience, but it looks like the penalty for failure is pretty high.

And there've been a few crashes. One guy survived clipping a cliff and tumbling into the trees. he was seriously fucked up but somehow survived. Too rich for my blood!