• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cq cvn 75

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Congrats to all who CQ'd on the Truman 22-26 AUG 09. It was a blast and by far the coolest thing I have done yet. I was soft winged after the 10th trap and will wing on 2 OCT when the new fy rolls around.

The deck crew and the ship did an outstanding job dealing with the new studs. Give em Hell!

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Yeah, they put the velcro nametag on you with wings since you've completed all of your syllabus hops, but since it's prior to the actual winging ceremony, it's not official.

MasterBates

Seems to be popular amongst the TH crowd nowadays.

We soft winged 2 SNFOs a couple nights ago after they finished their AIC hops (aka winging flights, I was doing a mission hop, which mostly involves reading playboy and eating for me). In Krock, the soft wings after last flight was SOP.

When I winged in 03, we got our "soft wings" at the dinner/party the night before the winging, even if we had been done for a couple weeks.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Met a couple dudes hanging out at my gym this past saturday waiting for the seas to calm down to CQ. Even ran into a guy I haven't seen since API. Congrats, gents.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats to the new tailhookers with their soft wings. I'm e-punching right in the chest right now :icon_smil I earned my softwings off the coast of San Diego, CQ'ed on the Kitty Hawk back in July 96. We had our unofficial ceremony at the I-Bar and damn, the IP's did not hold back. Even the one girl got knocked on her ass a few times...as it should be.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Yeah, they put the velcro nametag on you with wings since you've completed all of your syllabus hops, but since it's prior to the actual winging ceremony, it's not official.

We've soft patched helo guys for a long time now, happens the day before the official winging ceremony. A rich tradition of alcohol, sea stories, and fun with the new aviators' families and guests in attendance...

/break

Congrats to the newest hookers!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Soft winging which does not occur on the ramp immediately after exiting the aircraft upon completing the last flight in the syllabus is bush league. (Reasonable) Whacks on the chest mandatory for males, PC be damned. Preferably including a soaking from the fire hose. Champagne also encouraged, technique only.

Just MHO.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Soft winging which does not occur on the ramp immediately after exiting the aircraft upon completing the last flight in the syllabus is bush league. Whacks on the chest mandatory for males, PC be damned. Preferably including a soaking from the fire hose. Champagne also encouraged, technique only.

Just MHO.

Bush =/= Busch

Freudian slip maybe?...Hater:D

Seriously though...maybe I'll get a shot at tailhook before UAVs take over.