• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Couple of Anthro Questions

wnnabpilot

I've seen on the forums that the required anthro measurements for pilot is the following:

Thumb-tip Reach FR: 29.5 inches or greater
Buttock Knee Length: greater than 22 inches, but less than 26.5 inches
Sitting Height: greater than 34 inches, but less than 38.8 inches

My issue is the BKL which mine comes to about 21.5 inches. When I look at the NAVAIRINST 3710.9D though it says I'm green for everything but one helicopter variant. Can anyone make sense out of that for me? I talked to my recruiter about it and he made some calls and who ever he spoke to referenced the NAVAIRINST3710.9D and said I was good. I just don't understand why I'm seeing two different things and would hate to find out someone made a mistake and told me the wrong thing.

Another thing I was wondering about is my height. There's nothing on overall height Ive seen in the NAVAIRINST 3710.9D. I'm over the minimums for height that Ive seen posted on here which is 62 inches while Im just over 64 inches but Ive read about people getting anthroed out of jets for that. Anyone know or have any experience with that?

Thanks Again

A7Dave

pilot
I've seen plenty of short women who get to fly jets. Gain some weight and put some inches on your butt - that should take care of the Buttock Knee Length issue...

If you're 5'4", I can't imagine you'd be too small for jets. Seriously, do what ever exercises will bulk up your glutes, including gaining some pounds.