• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Counseling/FAA/NavyPilot Slot

ajtambean

2 Years surfing this forum and I know @RUFiO181 would have me search the forum which I have, but my situation is difficult. I am simultaneously applying for pilot/NFO while trying to get accepted for a civilian flight school in case I get a no from the Navy. The HIMS doctor I am working with has been on some FAA boards and says I will need to see a drug and alcohol counselor to be approved for a 1st class medical the civilian route. I have a public intox arrest that I have received a waiver for and scored 60 7/7/7 on ASTB but the arrest will already hurt my chances. Can anyone attest to how much more seeing a drug and alcohol counselor would affect my packet.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
20 years ago you couldn't open a newspaper without finding a fluff article about the military pilot shortage. One of my OCS roommates had a waiver for a DUI he'd got before joining the Navy. He ended ups flying S-3s and stuff. Nowadays he's a CDR somewhere. Draw your own conclusions.

ajtambean

My recruiter is on vacation and not answering. I called other OR to get their opinions but have had mixed answers.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
2 Years surfing this forum and I know @RUFiO181 would have me search the forum which I have, but my situation is difficult. I am simultaneously applying for pilot/NFO while trying to get accepted for a civilian flight school in case I get a no from the Navy. The HIMS doctor I am working with has been on some FAA boards and says I will need to see a drug and alcohol counselor to be approved for a 1st class medical the civilian route. I have a public intox arrest that I have received a waiver for and scored 60 7/7/7 on ASTB but the arrest will already hurt my chances. Can anyone attest to how much more seeing a drug and alcohol counselor would affect my packet.

Your situation isn’t any different than the others who needed waivers.

Judge Q

Judging You
20 years ago you couldn't open a newspaper without finding a fluff article about the military pilot shortage. One of my OCS roommates had a waiver for a DUI he'd got before joining the Navy. He ended ups flying S-3s and stuff. Nowadays he's a CDR somewhere. Draw your own conclusions.

OP will make O5 if he manages to select Vikings?

Oh crap....