• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

counseling chit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dima

I have a question: if my chief gives me counseling chit.... do I have to sign it, and what are the consequences if I don't

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
You don't have to sign anything, but be prepared for the consequences which range from DRB, XOI, and Mast. First try to talk to your LPO and Chief. If you can't resolve it use your Chain of Command.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You don't have to sign anything, but be prepared for the consequences which range from DRB, XOI, and Mast. First try to talk to your LPO and Chief. If you can't resolve it use your Chain of Command.

Wrong. You need to sign it, as your signature is an acknowledgement of the counseling - not of guilt or culpability. This goes the same for a report chit, which it sounds like you're cruising for. I don't know anything about you or your command other than what you've posted here, but you sound like trouble, and posting your woes on an internet website that is largely comprised of Navy and Marine Officers probably isn't going to get you much sympathy. My advice: Suck it up and do what you're asked by your CoC.

Brett

Flugelman

Contributor
I have a question: if my chief gives me counseling chit.... do I have to sign it, and what are the consequences if I don't

First off, WTF is a counseling chit? :confused:

It sounds like you have already been given the chit.

If a Chief tells you to do something and it's not illegal, then just fucking do it! If it was wrong, it will be cleaned up later by the CoC. We don't get to be Chiefs by playing games and counseling wayward sailors is a big part of our responsibilities. Do your job and don't whine.:icon_rage

phrogpilot73

What everyone has said thusfar is true. AirWarriors does not exist for sea-lawyering or executing vendettas against your chain of command.

Oh, and just a word to the wise - you list your location as Hawaii and that you're aircrew. Throw in using the term "Chief" which means you're in the Navy - I'm pretty sure that there's probably at least one officer from your squadron that's either a member of AirWarriors, or browses AirWarriors from time to time. You're skylining yourself whether you think you are or not.

Your best bet is to shut your mouth, take the counseling as what it is - counseling. And if you still feel it is a grievous error, use your chain of command to resolve it. That's how the military works, even in the Internet age.

Status
Not open for further replies.