• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Could use help from those in the know

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay guys, I am resubmitting as of tomorrow for naval officer programs. Last time I was a non-select for BDCP. Anyway, I was planning on putting 1. Pilot, 2. Intel. and 3. Crypto., however the LCDR that I am going through pretty much told me Crypto. is locked to those with technical degrees (I have a BA in English Literature). Therefore, I have been considering supply as my third choice even though it is definately my last choice. My questions are these: First, where can I get some good information on supply (I checked the posts here and couldn't find much, the link given is dead now). Second, if I put supply third (since the navy is hurting for supply) could they just see my application and put stick me there without looking at my first in second choices? How does the board work I mean? Is it a separate group of men/women for each designator and if one doesn't take you they pass you to the next or what? I just want to maximize my chances for selection this time around. I want to be an aviator but I would be happy being an Officer of any type I think.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm pretty sure there is a separate board for each community. If they accept you for supply, you wouldn't have to say yes or no until you heard about your first and second choices. At least that's the way I understand it.

JKD

Your application goes to the program manager for each community (I was told these are normally Chiefs). They review the application and give a certain number of professional recommendations (pro-rec). After that, civilian applications have 100 days to submit the rest of the required documents (I think active duty submits everything up front?). Then the application goes to the selection board for final approval.

Should be 3 separate processes (but I'm in the same stage, with the same questions. My application was submitted about a week ago.)

chazmurr

hey d,
Did you submit for SNFO or SNA? What were your stats? I also submitted recently and would like to see how I stack up. I can not believe how much this is driving me crazy.

Nick

JKD

SNFO and INTEL
here is the link with my stats (it is towards the bottom of the topic)
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5036

Status
Not open for further replies.