• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Could someone at OCS...

cast-n-blast

Could someone with a family at OCS...

tell me what they bring home every two weeks, after taxes?
I'd like to get an idea for financial planning.
Thanks much!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Use this link to figure the take home amount. Location will be where your dependents will be while you're at OCS.

http://www.defenselink.mil/cgi-bin/rmc.pl

The following is a link that takes you to military pay tables...it will give you an idea of how much you'll be making with each successive pay raise. Keep in mind the tables change each year due to the annual pay increase. Of course, it could go the other way too, but not likely.

http://www.dod.mil/dfas/militarypay/newinformation/WebPayTableVersion2006updated.pdf

cast-n-blast

Thanks Steve, but I've already done the math with the calculator and figured out what it should look like on paper, but as a prior enlisted, I know that what it should look like & what it actually is, doesn't always match. I was just hoping someone at OCS or someone who recently graduated could share what was on their statement. Thanks again.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
cast-n-blast said:
Thanks Steve, but I've already done the math with the calculator and figured out what it should look like on paper, but as a prior enlisted, I know that what it should look like & what it actually is, doesn't always match. I was just hoping someone at OCS or someone who recently graduated could share what was on their statement. Thanks again.
This statement confuses me. You have your entitlements and your deductions. What's not to match?

Brett

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
I made $960 every other week at OCS. I am single and had 4 years of prior service. I can't remember what the non-priors made but i'm thinking it was a little less than $800 per paycheck.

cast-n-blast

Brett327 said:
What's not to match?
What I was trying to imply was that by using the the pay calculator I had figured out the entitlement prior to deductions, & since the calculator doesn't take deductions into consideration, I thought I'd get some input on the deductions.

BTW: thanks danthaman

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
cast-n-blast said:
What I was trying to imply was that by using the the pay calculator I had figured out the entitlement prior to deductions, & since the calculator doesn't take deductions into consideration, I thought I'd get some input on the deductions.

BTW: thanks danthaman
That's going to depend on what you claim on your W-4 and whether or not state taxes apply. I don't mean to be curt, but there's probably no way to accurately estimate your paycheck based on the experiences of others on a website. I imagine you can schwag it to within a few hundred dollars.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
cast-n-blast said:
Yes it does. Go back to the link I provided.

Edit: here's another useful link that may be more of what you're looking for: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/page/0,,id=14806,00.html

auquaman

OCS Pay

Steve,

I understand, as an E-6 with family I tried to figure out the same thing. Actually, what I came up with was that my pay didnt change much. You have to figure FSA also. Im not sure what will happen with my current flight pay, but I dont expect a big change. As you know, expect the worste with our system.

Good luck,

Brent

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
EXSAR said:
As you know, expect the worst with our system.
Expect accuracy. But before you can do that, you need to be able to recognize what reflects an accurate pay period and what does not. Then, when your pay gets messed up....and it will at some time in your career, I promise....you'll be ready to pounce on the first unsuspecting Disbursing Clerk (actually, I think they're all cross rating to Personnelmen) that you see. Actually, all personnel who work in PSD are fair game...even the civilians.

All kidding aside, knowing when the system pays you too much or too little is very important to know. The faster you're able to take action when things go awry, the better off you'll be. Additionally, it's just as important for your spouse to know too.