• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cortramid 2009

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
Is it true that your swim qual determines which type of aviation squadron you go to? During a battalion brief, that's what they stated.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Is it true that your swim qual determines which type of aviation squadron you go to? During a battalion brief, that's what they stated.

They are giving you a line of BS. If you go fly in a Naval aircraft on cruise you will need to pass the water survival class at one of the NOMI centers prior to your cruise date. If you are going to fly in a Hornet/Prowler, you will also need to get an ejection seat checkout and dynamic ride. Both can be done with some prior planning, and IIRC they do it for the middies at CORTRAMID as part of the schedule. For all the stink they made about getting the aviation guys 1/c qualled in the swim test, it really never made a bit of difference. I guess if anything it can tell you what you need to work on prior to API swimming.....maybe....

MH-Z

pilot
They are giving you a line of BS. If you go fly in a Naval aircraft on cruise you will need to pass the water survival class at one of the NOMI centers prior to your cruise date. If you are going to fly in a Hornet/Prowler, you will also need to get an ejection seat checkout and dynamic ride. Both can be done with some prior planning, and IIRC they do it for the middies at CORTRAMID as part of the schedule. For all the stink they made about getting the aviation guys 1/c qualled in the swim test, it really never made a bit of difference. I guess if anything it can tell you what you need to work on prior to API swimming.....maybe....

The only thing I remember your swim qual mattered for was during Marine week. If you didn't have your qual (I think at least 2nd class, if someone can correct me) you didn't get to go out on the AAV's in the water for the beach assault. Just for some crazy ride down he beach and back.

JhwK08

Also to the mids: At San Diego F-18 flights are generally given out to the highest PRT scores from the first weekend...

As of last year, in San Diego the F-18 flights were given out at "random". Also, there was no PRT / PFT (Marine Week).

torpedo0126

As of last year, in San Diego the F-18 flights were given out at "random". Also, there was no PRT / PFT (Marine Week).

true to some extent, but I can tell you whatever school the LT who is the Aviation Officer is from will get a disproportionate amount of rides.

torpedo0126

How does one even get caught for that?

fascinating story...I received copies of the MIDN log book. I can send it to you if you want. According to the MIDN log, a fight broke out on the seventh floor over a poker game. This triggered a room search.

Consequently, the 17" dildo was found.

The logbook was out of control too, "All is not well for CORTRAMID West" as the logbook said.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Ahaha, that's funny. I did PROTRAMID (Academy's version of it) in San Diego and they put us up in the Pt. Loma BEQ. Great times to be had by all.