• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
I didn't even see NRTC when I opened the list! I went straight to the JKO of which there are now over 600 pts available there. I see marinenet listed as well, anyone know if there's handcuffs on those courses regarding branch?

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
Naval War College...no points listed next to JPME courses...refers to points value chart used by NWC, I'll see what I can find out and I'll report back.

Last edited:

GubMints

Does anyone know how to get a copy of their OSR? Depending on whom I talk to, I am missing various NOBCs and AQDs earned on active duty years ago. In the past five months NPC has directed me to multiple offices within Pers-93,-911,-912,-9,-3, -331,-54, the community manager, CNRF, the enterprise service desks, customer service, a few others, and then back again to the same offices. All have passed me on to the next person. The general response is to log in to BOL, and then they are surprised that I can’t without a CAC card (“all reservists have a CAC card”). I have put in multiple requests via SF-180 (mailed, faxed, and over the phone) specifically asking for an OSR among other items but the only thing I have received is my OMPF (which is also missing items earned on active duty years prior to joining the reserves). The various offices can see my record, but nobody knows how to send it out to the Sailor.

JKO no longer associates with the company that administers those courses (mostly the -MNxx) They stopped using these courses prior to the October list came out (CNRF was notified from the begining).
I tried to get a copy of my ASOSH/ARPR from BUPERS to no avail. They sent me some gibberish form showing midshipman cruises I performed. You can ask for your full service record on CD-R, but for some reason your CD-R service record seems to contain everything EXCEPT your ASOSH/ARPR :(

In the end, I had to walk in to the local NOSC/Reserve Center and ask the CMC nicely to print out my ASOSH/ARPR for me.

Best of luck!

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know if the rate requirements are still valid? Also, NETC has yet to align their retirement point values with the latest list...not surprising that the left and right hands still aren't talking.

Surprised to see the Marinenet courses back.

Yeah, me too. I checked into a handful of them, and all the ones I checked (about five) require a proctor for the final exam (vice being able to complete online).

Still good to have as a last-ditch option, though.

atmahan

... facility for offence.
Alright!

Thanks to Sam I Am for making my Day!

Now let's put this unpleasantness from the last 15 months behind us.

During this time I tried the following:

1) Applied to re-join SELRES and was given the Run Around (due to incompetence, on purpose, or both, I don't know).

2) Stalked this thread to figure out how to get non-CAC access to the other websites for points (I failed miserably).

3) Started to think about enlisting in the National Guard, Army Reserve, or Air Force Reserve to finish my 20 (the thought was slowly but steadily and painfully crawling its way forward from the back of my mind. I was 2 weeks away from starting to look into this option!)

But now I can go back to my Comfort Zone which is NRTC courses. ;)

As I went back to re-plan my remaining couple years worth of work, I noticed that all the courses are now worth 75% in terms of Points per course than they use to be.

But that just means that I will learn 25% more stuff for the Navy should they ever want to tap this knowledge (Are you listening, Big Brother? There is actual benefit to me taking these courses!).

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
I looked at the JKO courses, which I really like doing, and there are only a few of the higher point courses that are available. I enrolled in the Corporal's course, but it requires a proctor. I also enrolled in one of the MarineNet's language courses. It looks pretty good, but I haven't made it far enough to see if it requires a proctor.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
Overall, I'm feeling a lot better about making it five more years in the IRR. I know things can change, but I'll enjoy the positive step for now.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
Looked up a MarineNet Proctor: "Exam Proctoring in the MarineNet system does not require a special role assignment. Proctor must be grade E-6 through O-6, and must outrank the person they are proctoring, and not be enrolled in the subject course. The Proctor will use their own MarineNet user name and password to open the exam via the 'proctor wizard'." I may need some help to complete courses. I can help for those O-3 and below.