• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
The CNRF N7 POC indicates that the "Effective 01 Jun 15" list is a PERS product and is actually invalid ... CNRF N7 has final say on which courses can be credited and to whom they can be credited; and they had no chop on the "new" list that PERS promulgated.

Confused yet? :D
Funny that there is no access to anything CNRF to someone in the IRR, as all their $hit is behind a CAC firewall.

rob00000

Funny that there is no access to anything CNRF to someone in the IRR, as all their $hit is behind a CAC firewall.

I've been in touch with the IRR Counselors lately working on my 90 day extension. They told me yesterday "give us 30 days" to correct the CAC firewall problem.

I guess we'll see.....

rob00000

Any advice on how to access the JKO website?

When I try to get to it through "chrome" it gives me a warning saying "your connection is not private" & I'm stuck. It won't let me go any further.

When I try to access it through "Internet Explorer" the home page comes up then a huge "DOD Warning Banner" pops us. No matter what I try I cannot get this banner to go away. If I move the warning banner lower it still won't allow me to click on any of the links till I remove the banner. I'm stuck.

N4Life

I just tried it with IE and the banner went away after hitting the 'ok' button at the bottom, never tried with chrome but firefox mostly worked (had to hit play for each new page).

rob00000

I just tried it with IE and the banner went away after hitting the 'ok' button at the bottom, never tried with chrome but firefox mostly worked (had to hit play for each new page).

Thank you! What happened was I had the page zoomed so large that the "OK" button was not showing at the bottom for me. I lowered the zoom & "bam" there it was! It worked!

Thanks again!

rob00000

Interesting, as I was doing some courses today, I started searching through ones I though were no longer available on JKO and found that these two that maybe I missed or were added back.
J3OP-US138 AC2 Element in a JIIM Environm
J3OP-US258 EPRC for CBRNE Clinician Short

Both are on the original list and on the June list, although the second goes to only medical personnel effective 01 June 15.

I must be doing something wrong. I logged into JKO & I'm trying to locate the courses & I haven't found one yet on our list.

I've tried searching under the course number or the title & not one comes up.

Every search attempt comes up empty.

Where are they?

N4Life

The search function in JKO doesn't work (or never for me), but if you sort by course number they are both on page 4 (using 50 results per pages).

As a note, most (if not all) the -MNxx courses are no longer on JKO. JKO no longer associated with the company that was in charge of those trainings. The JKO rep I talked to was not sure if they would be brought back or if the courses would be recreated with a new company. This was before the June list was released and he was surprised they were still mentioned.

rob00000

The search function in JKO doesn't work (or never for me), but if you sort by course number they are both on page 4 (using 50 results per pages).

As a note, most (if not all) the -MNxx courses are no longer on JKO. JKO no longer associated with the company that was in charge of those trainings. The JKO rep I talked to was not sure if they would be brought back or if the courses would be recreated with a new company. This was before the June list was released and he was surprised they were still mentioned.

Thanks for your help! I'll check it out after some "shut eye."

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor

Try using a different browser...When using my Mac at home, the search function would not work in Chrome. But when I switched to Safari it worked fine. On my windows based machine at work, I believe the search function worked just fine in any browser.

Sam

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Quick question: if you promote just before entering the IRR, do the 3 years time in grade have to be good years (i.e., must get 50 points) or can the years be bad as long as you stay 3 years before retiring? Got a friend who thinks it is the latter, I always assumed the 3 years time in grade had to be good years to retire at that rank. Don't want him to make a big mistake.

snake020

Contributor
Quick question: if you promote just before entering the IRR, do the 3 years time in grade have to be good years (i.e., must get 50 points) or can the years be bad as long as you stay 3 years before retiring? Got a friend who thinks it is the latter, I always assumed the 3 years time in grade had to be good years to retire at that rank. Don't want him to make a big mistake.
I guess my question here is would they even allow you to have three consecutive bad years in the IRR, or would they drop you after the first two?

rob00000

I'm with you on this one. The Navy expects 3 GOOD years from a sailor.

I think there are two different things here:
-A satisfactory year (where they won't threaten to kick you to Standby S2 Reserves) is 27pts.
-A "good" year for retirement credit is 50 pts.

I haven't really had to time to digest the blurb below, or look at the other references. I *think* you could do a "SAT = 27pts" year and be OK...but I'd do a lot more digging before I banked on that for my own retirment.

BUPERSINST 1001.39F says...
Per 10 U.S.C., 1370(d) and 12771, officers selected for promotion who have accepted promotion to the next higher grade must meet the satisfactory service-in-grade requirements listed below or request retirement in their previously held grade. Note
that officers who have completed at least 6 months of satisfactory service-in-grade and who are transferred from an active status solely due to the requirements of a nondiscretionary provision of
law requiring such a transfer due to the officer's age, physical disability, or years of service may be transferred to the Retired Reserve at that grade.
Grade Service-in-grade requirements for Discretionary Retirement
O1 through O4 6 months
O5 through O8 3 years
Note:
O5 and O6 service-in-grade requirements may be reduced from 3 years to 2 years as provided in 10 U.S.C., 1370(d) and OPNAVINST 1820.1. NAVPERSCOM (PERS-91) is approval authority for O5 and O6 service-in-grade waivers. For O7 and O8, retirements in current grade require Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness approval.