• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
Just waiting for my anniversary date to pass, then its a race until June. Thankfully my civie job is light and I planned this week to be all IRR courses.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
For the IRR gurus among us:

What is the best method of getting our course certificates to PERS-912 (Fax or mail)? Also, any techniques on how to send the certificates to ensure that I get the proper credit (i.e. Notes on the Fax cover sheet/SSN on individual certificates/etc.) would be highly appreciated also.

snake020

Contributor

What is the best method of getting our course certificates to PERS-912 (Fax or mail)? Also, any techniques on how to send the certificates to ensure that I get the proper credit (i.e. Notes on the Fax cover sheet/SSN on individual certificates/etc.) would be highly appreciated also.

I mailed mine in along with a standard memo as a cover letter indicating the courses, my expected points, and contact info. All were entered correctly in the system within two weeks.

N4Life

It doesn't matter if you fax or mail. I have faxed the certificates, confirmed they arrived and four months later informed they can't find the certificates. The person I was talking to said it is better to mail the certificates in because it is not unheard of for individual fax sheets to be lost. Conversely, I have mailed in certificates and after waiting a few weeks called to confirm they arrived. The person I talked to this time said it is better to fax in certificates because the only way to know if mailed certificates arrived is when the points are approved. Personally, I prefer faxing them in, as I can call in two days and confirm if they received them or not the quickest, thus resubmitting if needed.

I fax them in using an online fax service. its 6cents per page, but its good to have an impartial online proof that they received it.

RHINOWSO

None
I have done as shift_dawg did and faxed them in using an online service, waited months but they weren't credited. Mailed them in with delivery confirmation as well, still waiting.

It's the Navy, nothing changes.

I do put the course number, NSIPS number, reserve points, name, SSN, and contact info on the certificates, as well as on a standard cover letter.

RHINOWSO

None
Interesting, as I was doing some courses today, I started searching through ones I though were no longer available on JKO and found that these two that maybe I missed or were added back.
J3OP-US138 AC2 Element in a JIIM Environm
J3OP-US258 EPRC for CBRNE Clinician Short

Both are on the original list and on the June list, although the second goes to only medical personnel effective 01 June 15.

rob00000

Interesting, as I was doing some courses today, I started searching through ones I though were no longer available on JKO and found that these two that maybe I missed or were added back.
J3OP-US138 AC2 Element in a JIIM Environm
J3OP-US258 EPRC for CBRNE Clinician Short

Both are on the original list and on the June list, although the second goes to only medical personnel effective 01 June 15.

How did you determine the second course only goes to medical personnel effective 01 June 15? I know it reads "Clinician Course". However, I don't see why any one wouldn't be allowed to take it & get credit for it especially with a name like "Emergency Preparedness Response course."

Maybe, you're aware of something I'm not so I figured I'd better ask.

Thanks, Rob

RHINOWSO

None
The "effective 01 Jun 15" list on BUPERs website (which is now difficult to download), has categories of training - some are applicable to all but some only to specialties.

In summary from JKO courses, these are medical field only (effective 01 Jun 15)
J3OP-US258
J4OP-US129
J4OP-US176
J4OPUS184

These are IT only 01 Jun 15
J6SN-US299
J6SN-US385
J6SN-US386

Hope this helps.

The "effective 01 Jun 15" list on BUPERs website (which is now difficult to download), has categories of training - some are applicable to all but some only to specialties.

The CNRF N7 POC indicates that the "Effective 01 Jun 15" list is a PERS product and is actually invalid ... CNRF N7 has final say on which courses can be credited and to whom they can be credited; and they had no chop on the "new" list that PERS promulgated.

Confused yet? :D

RHINOWSO

None
The CNRF N7 POC indicates that the "Effective 01 Jun 15" list is a PERS product and is actually invalid ... CNRF N7 has final say on which courses can be credited and to whom they can be credited; and they had no chop on the "new" list that PERS promulgated.

Confused yet? :D
Link? What a $hit show eh? ;)

rob00000

In summary from JKO courses, these are medical field only (effective 01 Jun 15)
J3OP-US258
J4OP-US129
J4OP-US176
J4OPUS184

These are IT only 01 Jun 15
J6SN-US299
J6SN-US385
J6SN-US386

Hope this helps.

Actually, it helps a lot.

I'm an LS which falls under "Fields of Training" 8.

So right now I can do any of the JKO courses but after 01 Jun 15 I can only do the courses under 1 "All Designators" or 8 correct?

Also, it appears FEMA courses are still ALL doable after 1 Jun 15 as they are all "Fields of Training" 1.

Do I have this right RHINOWSO?

RHINOWSO

None
Well, it "should" be accurate, however who knows these days - look at shift_dawg's post. But yes, that is how I understand the PERS-912 post June 1st list.

I'm cranking on any / everything available - JKO, FEMA, whatever I can get. But at the same time if you have several years left to go, you have to manage what you have left - no reason to do a 100 pt year for 19 and then have nothing to do for yr 20... of course that assumes (1) accurate info from PERS-912/ CNRF, (2) consistent information, not pulling the carpet out every 6 months... "oh, we changed our MIND again...

rob00000

Well, it "should" be accurate, however who knows these days - look at shift_dawg's post. But yes, that is how I understand the PERS-912 post June 1st list.

I'm cranking on any / everything available - JKO, FEMA, whatever I can get. But at the same time if you have several years left to go, you have to manage what you have left - no reason to do a 100 pt year for 19 and then have nothing to do for yr 20... of course that assumes (1) accurate info from PERS-912/ CNRF, (2) consistent information, not pulling the carpet out every 6 months... "oh, we changed our MIND again...

Oh....I understand EXACTLY what you mean! I'm not doing 115 this year or whatever.

I was just approved for a 90 extension. Now my contract will run out at the end of July 2016 & I'll be retiring 1 Jul 16.

I already have enough points for this year & should have enough for next year as well assuming they don't change their MIND again!

I am so glad I'm real close to the finish line. I feel sorry for the people with 4 or 5 years left. What are they going to do? Funerals?

This is borderline if not outright "CHAOS" at this point.

Thanks for your help :)