• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

I had -912 take 9 months to make a decision, they do like taking their time. In the 15 months that I have been in the Reserves, I only had 1 course approved for a grand total of 2 pts (8 pts if you include my anniversary).

I just got off the phone with -93, they said that on 1 June a new list of courses will be posted. They said to expect a number of courses to be removed and others to be added. They said courses not on the new list must be completed before 1 June, but they are not posting the new listing of what courses will be on the list until 1 June (and I had him repeat it twice).
It's probably worth printing the course list out before June 1(and for each iteration) I doubt PERS will save them, so I can see finishing a course, and by the time they enter it it not being on their current list.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
Just sent my JKO courses in, since faxing them doesn't seem to work.

KevinIRR

I tried to sign up for courses with the DCAA, and got this message:

Here is a listing of our CMTL course. At the present time, we are unable to enroll non-Agency employees directly in our self-study programs. We can, however, provide the course via a secure site without CPE credit or testing. If that would meet your need please respond so that I may forward you the material requested.

I wonder if there's any chance this would meet our needs ..

snake020

Contributor
Looks like that June list is out and still doesn't include NETC courses.

I don't understand why NPS courses are still on the list. Don't you have to be on active duty to get selected for NPS DL programs?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update. It appears NPC has reduced the number of available JKO courses by a total of 21; however the 21 courses eliminated were not available anyway from JKO - net, no loss. Of note, nothing was added....

**** Just took a closer look. NPC now lists what courses you are eligible for via designator. For those of us with 13xx, we will lose in JKO on June 01 another 7 course worth a total of 12 points.

Also, DAU and DCAI are also completely gone unless you have an acquisition NOBC/AQD.

Wow, just wow.

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

None
At least it says "courses with a start date AFTER 01 June 2015", which you could interpret as ok as long as you start the class before 01 June.

I won't be taking any chances though and will crank them all out and submit before 01 June.

N4Life

At least it says "courses with a start date AFTER 01 June 2015", which you could interpret as ok as long as you start the class before 01 June.

I wish that was true. -912 already uses "it's not on the October list" way too often. Even for courses which they received proof of completion prior to the August message.

KevinIRR

I don't understand why NPS courses are still on the list. Don't you have to be on active duty to get selected for NPS DL programs?

It's also worth noting that about 28 points worth of FEMA courses will be eliminated effective June 1. If I were doing courses right now, I'd try to knock those out first and do others after June 1.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
It's also worth noting that about 28 points worth of FEMA courses will be eliminated effective June 1. If I were doing courses right now, I'd try to knock those out first and do others after June 1.

Good catch. Thanks for the heads up.

RHINOWSO

None
I have my anniversary this month, playing the waiting game until it passes, then it'll be a race on until the end of the month to finish as many as I can before June 1st!

I have my anniversary this month, playing the waiting game until it passes, then it'll be a race on until the end of the month to finish as many as I can before June 1st!
I consider each and every point we get from them a victory. Good luck!