• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

I was also able to knock out about 20 points pretty quickly with Joint Special Operations University. You do have to apply and get approved but I would guess any reserve Naval officer would have the justification to take these courses. You need to knock out Intro to Special Operations first though. It's all pretty quick, easy stuff.
You'll have to give me the secret handshake! After taking the intro course (ISOF), I tried to take JSOTF and got denied because I'm not on a JSOTF????

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Certificate submission update:
  1. I fax my Certificates to 901-874-7044
  2. Do not send more than 10 at a time
  3. I also wrote my Name, Address, Course Number, NSIPS Entry (if available) and point value on each certificate.
  4. Call PERS-912 Customer Service 48 hours after faxing and they will tell you whether they received them or not...they won't be entered into your record for 90 days, but they'll tell you whether they actually received the correspondence.
  5. Wait 90 days and the call customer service and they'll tell you if they've been entered.
T-minus 90 and counting.

rob00000

DAU:
I've been trying for a few weeks now to register at the DAU website & have been unable to get the page to load. I believe others have encountered the same problem as well.

Today, I bit the bullet & decided to make some calls to DAU. I got passed around from one person to the next with each person telling me they couldn't help me but insisting the next person could.

Here's what I learned after speaking to five people. On March 1st there was a "security issue" so on March 3rd they instituted two new restrictions.

1) CAC card is now required.
2) You must access the site from a .mil domain.

No one knows when or if these restrictions will be removed, sorta like no one knows when or if the NETC courses will be added to the approved list.

The last person I spoke to was in charge of helping contractors register at the DAU website. He said the restrictions will probably continue for the foreseeable future & most likely for months.

The DAU website states: "We apologize for any inconvenience! We do not have an estimated timeframe as to when this restriction will be lifted."

With the way things have been going lately, the restrictions just may end up being permanent.

Sooooo....anyone have some good news to share? If so, I'd like to hear it.

DAU:
I've been trying for a few weeks now to register at the DAU website & have been unable to get the page to load. I believe others have encountered the same problem as well.

Today, I bit the bullet & decided to make some calls to DAU. I got passed around from one person to the next with each person telling me they couldn't help me but insisting the next person could.

Here's what I learned after speaking to five people. On March 1st there was a "security issue" so on March 3rd they instituted two new restrictions.

1) CAC card is now required.
2) You must access the site from a .mil domain.

No one knows when or if these restrictions will be removed, sorta like no one knows when or if the NETC courses will be added to the approved list.

The last person I spoke to was in charge of helping contractors register at the DAU website. He said the restrictions will probably continue for the foreseeable future & most likely for months.

The DAU website states: "We apologize for any inconvenience! We do not have an estimated timeframe as to when this restriction will be lifted."

With the way things have been going lately, the restrictions just may end up being permanent.

Sooooo....anyone have some good news to share? If so, I'd like to hear it.

Well, it could be raining?

CoyoteK

You'll have to give me the secret handshake! After taking the intro course (ISOF), I tried to take JSOTF and got denied because I'm not on a JSOTF????

It may be driven by my designator or my request might have landed on the desk of a exceptionally kind hearted soul. :D

But I am not (currently) assigned to a JSOTF so I am sure that is not a requirement.

N4Life

Has anyone actually confirmed they received points for MarineNet courses? I know they are not on the current listing; however, it appears my courses completed last May are rejected. Pers-912 had trouble with determining the point value for the courses and asked COMNAVRESFOR N7 for a determination. N7 just stated MarineNet was never an authorized source on the approved list. Of course, they waited until 10 months after my anniversary to realize this.

Has anyone actually confirmed they received points for MarineNet courses? I know they are not on the current listing; however, it appears my courses completed last May are rejected. Pers-912 had trouble with determining the point value for the courses and asked COMNAVRESFOR N7 for a determination. N7 just stated MarineNet was never an authorized source on the approved list. Of course, they waited until 10 months after my anniversary to realize this.
95% sure I've gotten credit, but I'll double check. Good luck.

Did that turn it into a bad retirement year for you?

N4Life

Did that turn it into a bad retirement year for you?

I don't know yet, I'm still waiting for one more course. If approved, its a good year.

More fun and games with Pers. I contacted Pers-93 for "assistance" and was told that as an officer I had to go through Pers-911 (they are in charge of all officers, drilling and IRR). Pers-911 responds with Pers-93 is wrong, I had to go through Pers-93 (they are in charge of all IRR, officers and enlisted). Pers-93 responds with Pers-911 is wrong and to call them back. If you hear this type of "assistance" ask for the CDR.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
You could make up a Laurel and Hardy routine out of this $hit

4. 18 JUL 12 001 CMO1080000
4. 27 JUL 12 048 NWC-TSDM
4. 31 JUL 12 001 CMO1090000

I just confirmed I got credit...there were a few more, but I didn't bother to look.

I did notice that now on marinenet these courses show they're worth ZERO retirement points.

snake020

Contributor
I E-mailed an IRR counselor and the N7 rep listed on the Navy Reserve page about a timeline for NETC training course approval. Both said there is no timeline when NETC courses will be approved for points again...

BTW, sent a request to join the Reddit group. Handle is sharkie20.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Called PERS today. Had submitted two batches of courses for points in March. All the points have been credited - good year!

rob00000

Called PERS today. Had submitted two batches of courses for points in March. All the points have been credited - good year!

SWEET! That's pretty quick to be credited, good to know. Thanks for sharing.

On another note. Some of the FEMA course numbers at FEMA's website are different from the numbers on our approved list yet the course name is the same.

For instance:
IS230C Fundamentals of Emergency Management (on our course list)
IS230D Fundamentals of Emergency Management
(at FEMA website)

There are several others as well as many of you probably noticed where the course may differ at FEMA's website from our list by a simple A or whatever.

I realize the course may have superseded the one on our list so the number changed from C to D, whatever, so it's basically the same course.

I'm a little worried PERS may give us a hard time about it by insisting the course numbers need to match exactly or we won't get credit for it. (You never know with these guys right?)

I spoke to two IRR counselors who told me they are aware of the problem & told PERS someone needs to scrub the course lists as the numbers are off. (The person assigned to scrub the list may be the same person assigned to adding the non resident courses to the list. That being said, it may never happen in our lifetimes)

The IRR counselors said PERS told them we "should" (should's a big word here) get credit for those courses if it appears to be the same course but the numbers are close but different.

Has anyone here submitted a FEMA course certificate for credit & received the credit even though the numbers differed like the example above, 230C as opposed to 230D?

I just don't want to do a course for nothing & the IRR counselors weren't real sure we would get credit for them.

Helpful feedback appreciated! :)

ChopChick

Has anyone here submitted a FEMA course certificate for credit & received the credit even though the numbers differed like the example above, 230C as opposed to 230D?
I submitted my 230D certificate today. If no one else responds beforehand, I'll follow up with my results when I know.