• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus T-34 Down

ssnspoon

Get a brace!
pilot
I would hope that if BOTH were not OK, this would not have been posted. Remember, even a benign "1 ok, 1 missing" can have drastic and dire unintended consequences. It is best to not engage in social media AT ALL regarding mishaps until you are 100% sure the Navy has released it first. I am not accusing, just reminding some of the newer members of this fact.

jmcquate

Contributor
How does one get out of a T-34? Climb out on the wing Luftwaffe style or is there a bang-seat?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A couple of years ago, an IP and an IUT were up doing an OCF/high spins syllabus flight (note: this is NOT the Wing 4 incident, so no privilege is attached). At the top of the MOA (25K? I can't remember) while trying to get the aircraft to go progressive without much luck, the IP told the IUT to recover. The aircraft refused. The IP took the controls and made another attempt. Nothing...just still spinning it's way down. I don't remember how many attempts he made (all IAW NATOPS), but he blew through the MOA floor in the process. At 10K, he "notified" the IUT, "hey, I'm going to try one more thing, but start to get ready back there." Yikes.

The IUT started cleaning up and getting ready but fortunately the IP got it to recover on the last try. I don't remember what they recovered at, but it wasn't much above the NATOPS hard deck of 5K. They decided they'd go ahead and knock it off for the day.

One of those times when the actual "Notify" was a legit step. Still gives me the willies thinking about it, though.