• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Christi vs Pensacola

TexasForever

pilot
Corpus had a freebird when I was there, where once you dial in your burrito, is arguably superior to chipotle
Well if you're tactically trying to ORM or IMSAFE you might be hoping that there's a smattering of e. Coli in that bowl of wonderfulness

Sonog

pilot
Well if you're tactically trying to ORM or IMSAFE you might be hoping that there's a smattering of e. Coli in that bowl of wonderfulness

Funny story. Just get back from deployment and I'm visiting the gf in Boston. While she goes to work during the week I'm living the post deployment life of sleeping in, not wearing pants, catching up on netflix, and having chipotle every day for 1 pm brunch. In the middle of boston, and I'm going to this chipotle and its DESSERTED. I thought it was incredible, fastest chipotle I've ever received. A couple of days later I tell this to a group of friends and they all start laughing at me and talking about e coli and viral infected burritos and the gf was like "oh yea I forgot you didn't know and I just didn't connect the dots".

jtmedli

pilot
Funny story. Just get back from deployment and I'm visiting the gf in Boston. While she goes to work during the week I'm living the post deployment life of sleeping in, not wearing pants, catching up on netflix, and having chipotle every day for 1 pm brunch. In the middle of boston, and I'm going to this chipotle and its DESSERTED. I thought it was incredible, fastest chipotle I've ever received. A couple of days later I tell this to a group of friends and they all start laughing at me and talking about e coli and viral infected burritos and the gf was like "oh yea I forgot you didn't know and I just didn't connect the dots".

If you're not dead yet then I'm still chalking it up as a win for you. I stood in line for like 30 minutes today to get a burrito. If I hadn't had a free burrito coupon the I would've gone elsewhere. Gotta love being in line behind people who are picking up like 10 call-in orders and want to pay each one with a different credit card in the place with one register and a line out the door.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

On det in Key West we had the Kim's Cuban challenge- the dude who could drink a large Con Leche closest to the flight without shitting himself won the pot. One dude definitely ORM'd out because of the deuce that was about to erupt while he was getting dressed in Flight E.

Ralph

How many guys come back and do the reserve thing? Is the Island close enough to commute to Kingsville?

TexasForever

pilot
My flight doc while I was in primary had just recently come to NAS Corpus Christi from Kingsville and had lived on the island the whole time. I know the jet students are forced to live in Kingsville but I've heard of instructors who lived on the island.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I really did not like Corpus at all but I really like what phrogdriver said.

I'm glad I went overall because I got the full Pensacola experience anyways in API and advanced. Corpus sucked but I would have gone nuts if I had lived in Pensacola all of flight school without ever moving.

Pensacola was fun for the beaches.

Getting to experience another state including frequent trips to Austin and San Antonio was also worth it.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
How many guys come back and do the reserve thing? Is the Island close enough to commute to Kingsville?

Students are still not allowed to live in Corpus and commute to Kingsville. Most instructors that commute from Corpus to Kingsville live on the South Side off Saratoga or Yorktown. The Island is quite a commute adding about 20-30 minutes to the South Side commute.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
TL;DR

There are pros and cons to both which pretty much make them a wash.

Go where there's advanced foe the type of flying you think you want to do post primary. If it's fixed wing go to corpus, if it's helos go to whiting. That way when training is delayed and EOY pcs money runs out you get to stay there for advanced.