• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cool Pic

phxtx81

Thought you all might like this:

Here is a great optical illusion photo taken of a Lufthansa 747-400 and a United 757-200 that were on simultaneous approaches to runways 28L and 28R at San Francisco (SFO).

The separation requirement for flying parallel and simultaneous approaches is 225 meters (about 750 feet).

These two aircraft are at a safe distance for the approaches they are each flying. Due to the 747 being three times larger than the 757, and being slightly behind, it gives this incredible optical illusion. (see pic)

phxtx81

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice image: You can insert the picture as well by cutting and pasting the IMG html tag as I did below.
r/
G
747.jpg

Lonestar155

is good to go
Guys the airport I fly out of is about 10 nm directly south of both 28 runways. Soon after take off our aircraft go right under any aircraft on approach. Its unreal watching two aircraft flying in a few feet above us.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
So on a more technical note...look at the difference in attitude between those two...wow.

767? correct me if I'm wrong....He looks nose at the numbers whereas the 747 looks nose high.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I think it is just the diiference in approach attitudes. (A4s correct me if I'm wrong)

Yeah...thats what I was getting at...approach attitude or flare?

Thanks for the 757 correction.

beau

Guys the airport I fly out of is about 10 nm directly south of both 28 runways. Soon after take off our aircraft go right under any aircraft on approach. Its unreal watching two aircraft flying in a few feet above us.

Can you still request a Bay Tour from approach and fly out over the golden gate ...then back over it right past the rock then back up north??

B

Blutonski816

What I'm wondering is what it looked like from inside the planes...

I'm sure there were a few passengers thinking, "hmm, this is interesting."