• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

contracts

zuggerat

when u get above a 225 on the pft, i know u get "contracted" by the marines... what exactly is involved in "getting contracted", whats it say, how longs it take, what are the consequences, bla bla bla, yada yada yada...... thanx

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Well if you get over a 225 you can put in an application and that will go to a selection board at HQ. At that point you might get selected or you might not. If you don't get selected then back to square on, if you do then you are committed to go to OCS. IF you make it through there, graduate college, and meet all the other qualifications then you can apply for a commission, at that point it can still be turned down but not likely. It is then that you will be either a ground or air contract with the corresponding length of service...

phrogpilot73

A first class gets you contracted?!? There's more factors involved than that I thought. You can be a turd, but a PT stud, I would hope no contract... Hell, I get barely a first class, sometimes a second, and I'm having a pretty successful career...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
phrogpilot73 said:
A first class gets you contracted?!? There's more factors involved than that I thought. You can be a turd, but a PT stud, I would hope no contract... Hell, I get barely a first class, sometimes a second, and I'm having a pretty successful career...

No a first class doesn't get you contracted, more likely a 270 - 280 or so will increase the chances. Yes there are other factors, many many other factors but I don't know any OSOs who will even send a package in with less than a first class PFT...

T-man

My understanding is a first class PFT is required in order to submit your application.

FlaK

0612 FireWire
T-man said:
My understanding is a first class PFT is required in order to submit your application.

My OSO said you can send in a contract with a 200 PFT...but you need at least 250 to get anywhere.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I got accepted to OCS 189 with a 240, but was especially strong in other areas (i.e. academics and leadership experience). They'll bust your ass at OCS in terms of PT...I graduated with a 285. Apparently, it is getting more competitive as time goes on. You most likely won't get far with under a 225, so keep hitting the pullups.

zuggerat

no i know a 225 wont get me jacksh!t, i dont plan on submitting unless i get at least a 270... i have over a year before i submit, im prob going for OCC 193 or 194, but my OSO wants me contracted by the 22nd so i was just wondering whats involved... thats all... thanx for the responses

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zuggerat said:
no i know a 225 wont get me jacksh!t, i dont plan on submitting unless i get at least a 270... i have over a year before i submit, im prob going for OCC 193 or 194, but my OSO wants me contracted by the 22nd so i was just wondering whats involved... thats all... thanx for the responses

If you have over a year before you submit your package I don't see why you would need to contract before that time? Are you a college grad or are you in the PLC program? If you are PLC and your package somehow gets accepted early it could mean that you would have to go to OCS earlier than you thought...