• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contracting for PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm suppose to do my application and contract for PLC next friday. On that day, I have to run my first PFT, and bring a suit and tie for the picture. I'm wanting to know what "contracting" means? There's no swearing in or anything right? I'm not signing my life away I know, I just want to know what it means when I sign the contract? Thanks in advance.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
I'm pretty sure that with PLC you can quit right up to the point before you take the oath. Unless you take money, then it might change things.
I was nervous to, there just comes a time where you have to sak up and go for it.

los5041

EA-6B
As far as contracting goes all you are doing is contracting for PLC and your future in Corp if you decide to stick with it. You will swear in but don't worry they don't have you by the balls. I don't really know why they have us swear in but they do. Also I don't think you will swear in until you get accepted for OCS. If you go this summer and you hate it and decide the Corp isn't for you, tell your OSO that you do not want to do this anymore and you are 100% done. The contract and swearing in do not mean that you are in the Marines by any means so don't take it that way. The reason you are taking a suit and tie is because your OSO will take a picture of you to send to the Selection board who will decide if you are cute enough for the Marines. J/K. Whatever your decision is good luck and if you go this summer have fun with it cause it does suck and maybe I'll see you there second increment.

reapergm

When you contract that means that the Corps is now the primary owner of your soul. You will answer to them and only them now. If you dont go, they will arrest you, imprision you and lock you in a room with constant milli vanilli hits played over and over. You will then have to go to regular boot camp and start as a private with no chance of future promotion! If you try and run you will be considered a traitor and shot by a firing squad! Good luck to ya!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by los5041
EA-6B
As far as contracting goes all you are doing is contracting for PLC and your future in Corp if you decide to stick with it. You will swear in but don't worry they don't have you by the balls. I don't really know why they have us swear in but they do. Also I don't think you will swear in until you get accepted for OCS. If you go this summer and you hate it and decide the Corp isn't for you, tell your OSO that you do not want to do this anymore and you are 100% done. The contract and swearing in do not mean that you are in the Marines by any means so don't take it that way. The reason you are taking a suit and tie is because your OSO will take a picture of you to send to the Selection board who will decide if you are cute enough for the Marines. J/K. Whatever your decision is good luck and if you go this summer have fun with it cause it does suck and maybe I'll see you there second increment.

Everything he said is true... You barely do any paperwork before going to OCS. After you finish OCS you have to fill out entirely different packets for your security clearance and paperwork confirming that you definetely want your commission etc. You aren't roped into anything.

Los-- arent you going to OCS this summer?

los5041

Hey Lalak how have you been? I haven't recived any of your e-mails about TBS lately. So how is the life at TBS? I don't know if you have the same cell phone number but if you do let me know so I can give you a call and see how things are going for you.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Well, it's all done. Now, the waiting game starts, and the work out game continues. I'm applying PLC-Jrs ground. 255 PFT. No waivers or run-ins with the law.

ChrisAg05

Congrats EA-6B1, I signed everything a couple weeks ago. Which increment did you request? I'm hopefully going 1st.

Adrenaline Rush

Best of luck to the both of you, hope you both find yourself in Quantico this summer! and the point made above is completely true you have no obligation until you accept your commission with PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.