• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contingent Commission?

Philly93

Hello everybody,

I have searched other threads but cant seem to find my answer. I am currently a junior graduating Spring 2016 and I spoke with my recruiter and he said that it is possible to submit your package before you have a bachelors in hand, and if you are selected, your OCS ship date is contingent upon the completion of your degree to what was said in your package. I know you can apply early with the Marines PLC program but I was of the knowledge that to put in a Navy OCS package you need to have a degree. Has anyone had a similar experience or can attest?

Thanks

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Hello everybody,

I have searched other threads but cant seem to find my answer. I am currently a junior graduating Spring 2016 and I spoke with my recruiter and he said that it is possible to submit your package before you have a bachelors in hand, and if you are selected, your OCS ship date is contingent upon the completion of your degree to what was said in your package. I know you can apply early with the Marines PLC program but I was of the knowledge that to put in a Navy OCS package you need to have a degree. Has anyone had a similar experience or can attest?

Thanks
I've already been accepted to OCS as an SNA select, and I don't graduate until the beginning of May. I was about as far out as you are when I started looking into taking my ASTB and getting in touch with a recruiter. Go for it.

RiseR 25

I've already been accepted to OCS as an SNA select, and I don't graduate until the beginning of May. I was about as far out as you are when I started looking into taking my ASTB and getting in touch with a recruiter. Go for it.

That almost sounds like the Navy is taking a huge gamble by accepting packets before graduation. Maybe it's changed since I applied. With PLC I can see that because the program has more flexibility. The OCS timetable at Newport is fairly inflexible and you must definitely have a degree before you go.

exNavyOffRec

That almost sounds like the Navy is taking a huge gamble by accepting packets before graduation. Maybe it's changed since I applied. With PLC I can see that because the program has more flexibility. The OCS timetable at Newport is fairly inflexible and you must definitely have a degree before you go.

Not much of a gamble at all, in 3+ years I only saw one person who applied before having degree in hand not go to OCS, and that was due to an injury they suffered after graduation but before leaving for OCS.

swerdna

None
Contributor
After you commission, make sure your degree shows in your records. Mine was missing for about a year until I realized it, because I was selected for OCS before finishing my bachelors too.