• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contacting a Recruiter

sil

How do I go about contacting an officer recruiter. I've tried signing up on the Navy's website but their links are out of date and I get nothing but error messages.

I don't know of any recruiting stations around here (Norfolk, VA). The only person I've contacted is my former NROTC recruiter but he hasn't gotten back with me as of yet.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
And here in lies the problem that we have seen cropping up quite frequently lately......going to that number will get you a Navy Recruiter - an enlisted Navy Recruiter who is not versed in officer programs, who does not care about officer programs and who has a quota to fill. He will tell the officer hoperful it is better to enlist and try for OCS from the ranks.

So please, if you are going to pass a phone number, web site or point of contact - make sure it is for an Officer Programs Officer and not a local recruiting office.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
When I first was interested I spoke to an enlisted recruiter without realizing I was at the wrong place. The guy was pretty cool though. The second he found out that I wanted to be an officer and I had the grades for it, he gave me the officer recruiter's card and sent me on my way.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Read some of the previous posts on recruiters. Many are great, actually I would think they are in the majority. But there are the few that can ruin it for the officer wannabe's.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
When I was initially interested in BDCP I had the hardest time getting in contact with a recruiter. I had not found this website, so that would have helped. The only way I was able to talk to the recruiter was to talk to a guy who was in BDCP already. It would be nice if the Navy had an easier way to get contact information.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
When I first was interested I spoke to an enlisted recruiter without realizing I was at the wrong place. The guy was pretty cool though. The second he found out that I wanted to be an officer and I had the grades for it, he gave me the officer recruiter's card and sent me on my way.

That guy should get a NAM considering some of the stories we've seen on this forum with enlisted recruiters pulling their shennanigans.