• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contact lenses

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm here in flight training on a soft contact lens waiver. I went in to the optometrists office for a check on my script and thought "sweet, i'm in the navy...I'm a student pilot...I need CL's to fly his planes...so...Uncle will pay for them, right?"

Considering I haven't had a script filled since I commissioned a little over a year ago, and have only been to the docs and dentist's once (outside of flight physicals), I didn't feel that bad about Uncle takin' care of me.

wrong. According to the Doc's assistant, they can write the script, but I still have to cough up the dinero for lenses wherever i choose to order them from. Her line that "only winged aviators get their lenses paid for" seemed retarded.

Anyone else run into this, or is this lady feeding me a line of potentially expensive bullshit? Do unpinned SWOs have to pay for their contact lenses?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
As an unpinned submariner, yes I have to pay for contacts. No one ever indicated that the Navy would eventually pay for them, even after getting dolphins.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
My buddy in K'rock on a contact waiver has to buy his own lenses. He was bitching about it last weekend. . .

When I had Mk1Mod0 eyeballs and needed contacts, I always had to buy them (those were MIDN days). The Mod1 PRK upgrade package was free, though. :D

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Alright, I guess I'll suck it up and deal with it. I need to get that Mod 1 upgrade, stat.

200 bones still kicks me in the nuts. That's a lot of hookers and blow, 'specially in corpus.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
They get paid for when you have chest-candy, and not a minute before. Just wear glasses, dude. They're free!

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Otto! You're back!

I thought about rocking the sweet Flight Frames they hooked me up with, but i'd instantly find my picture confused for every child molester who ever lived.

Mustache March + flight frames= chester the molester.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Otto! You're back!

I thought about rocking the sweet Flight Frames they hooked me up with, but i'd instantly find my picture confused for every child molester who ever lived.

Mustache March + flight frames= chester the molester.

What are you talking about? I wear the gold, clear, aviators when I fly. Your IP might make fun of you, but whatever. They are STYLISH!

And it's not the glasses that make you a pedophile. It's the beard: