• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Congratulations to Ensign for Displaying Initiative

KBayDog

Great story, right up until I read that he's going to be a Gator SWO...haha... I guess the old adage is true: "No good deed goes unpunished." :D

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
My roommate during Primary went to Georgia Tech and was telling me about this a year or so ago.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Bravo Zulu to this young Marine . . . uhh, Ensign - Hell, both! Makes you proud to have these young men in the Sea Services

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The Navy and Marine Corps medal is one medal above the Bronze Star. It is considered the highest non-combat medal a Sailor or Marine can be awarded.

Disregard.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Thank God he got put in the room with his gun. One out of two isn't bad, considering the situation. BZ to the Ensign.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Good on this guy for being prepared. Below in headwork for partying in College Park.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I know the dude personally. This happened just shortly after I left there. He's a good guy, and while not the last person you would envision doing this, he was pretty far back there.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
FWIW, this nicely offsets the embarrassment of the Marine reservist, Malaku, arrested near the Pentagon w/ explosives in his backpack. How did someone like that ever get in the Marines in the 1st place?