• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CONFUSED YOUNGSTER SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

btsoon

Hello-

I'm in the same situation. I'm not accusing my recruiter of lying to me, I believe he is a good guy. He was, however, fully aware of my completed Masters degree, and Doctoral degree coursework. His advice was not to commit to an officer long-term contract, just go enlisted, but if I wanted to go officer, he would do whatever he could to make it happen. I recently visited another part of the country and spoke with a Navy recruiter about my ship date, rating, etc. She was shocked that my recruiter didn't insist that I apply for OCS. She called her Chief Petty Officer, who suggested that I go ahead and shipout to Great Lakes on Nov. 19th. After BT, he said I should challenge for the MFAT, and chose IS. I scored very well on the ASVAB, and have 3.70 in my Doctoral work. I've seen other tests mentioned here, but not a MFAT. Thanks for your advice. Again, I'm not accusing my recruiter, just checking out my options now that I'm leaving in FIVE days! Looking forward to it.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
If you take that bait then its your won fault...your recruiter isn't technichally lying...if you enlist you'd have to wait a year to apply for OCS...however you don't have to enlist, period, to be an officer. I think he is playing semantics with you. There are no guarantees after you enlist...if you happen to get cleared to apply for OCS then your application will be helped by having enlisted, but if you don't get cleared then you're f'd...its swab the deck for you mate.

version2point0

yeah. no way should you enlist if you have a degree and anything above that. i think what TNwhiskey meant to say was that its your "OWN" fault! and i agree.

-v2.0

peineytan

dude, don't listen to that recruiter, all they care about is meeting quota. i got suckered into enlisting with my bachelors in business, it took me a long time and a lot of run around to finally submit my package and it is tedious. better go to an officer recruiter if it is not too late. they can probably help you get out of the current contract you have. you take another oath before they ship you to boot camp (i dated a recruiter for a while) before that i understand you can still get out. also you did not get a degree to be a janitor because that is what you will be doing as a junior airman or seaman. email me if you want some sound advice from someone who went through the same thing. the navy is a good branch but definitely go officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.