• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conduct Unbecoming (what NOT to do while in a pool at PCola)

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Fair enough, except he entered a plea of not guilty, and the 'confession' came from the dogs owner, who claims he told her that he killed the dog...

Im not trying to argue the guys case, and I would put money on the fact that he did indeed do it... but just as with the bird slayers he hasn't been proven guilty in court... something to keep in mind is all.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Jesus it was a dog, not a baby. Stop being so sensitive. Besides, it's not like you actually know what happened (not that I do).

Do you have a dog? And if you do...is it always tied up in the backyard and you just make sure it's food/water bowl is filled and go about your day?

I had a good buddy who was a roommate of mine in college who had your attitude...said the exact same thing with respect to dogs, "Jesus, it's just a dog". Well I always ended up taking care of his Boxer..until I moved out after I graduated. His dog died like a year later.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Jesus it was a dog, not a baby. Stop being so sensitive. Besides, it's not like you actually know what happened (not that I do).

Exactly how sensitive do you think people should be about these types of situations? -1 for a stupid comment.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
He was probably beating on her as well. On the back page of our family violence task force sheets it asks the victim if the suspect beat on pets as well.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/puppy-106477-police-brutally.html

here is a recent article on a murder of a puppy, if you do more research you will come across their mugshots, then tell me what kind of upstanding citizens they are. I hate taking an animal abuser or wife beater to jail and hear my lieutenant tell me to control myself, "he only beats on women..."

zpatman

Stupid prick. I generally prefer the company of dogs to that of people. I know a few dobermans I would love for this guy to meet.

Idiot move, too. You could kick a baby in the head and get less of a reaction out of people than if you kicked a puppy.

To echo your sentiment...who in the hell couldn't handle a bassett hound? I mean honestly....Thats the dog that was in Smokey and The Bandit and Dukes of Hazzard. 2 all times classics in american entertainment....shitbag should get the full sentence

HueyCobra8151

pilot
He was probably beating on her as well. On the back page of our family violence task force sheets it asks the victim if the suspect beat on pets as well.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/puppy-106477-police-brutally.html

here is a recent article on a murder of a puppy, if you do more research you will come across their mugshots, then tell me what kind of upstanding citizens they are. I hate taking an animal abuser or wife beater to jail and hear my lieutenant tell me to control myself, "he only beats on women..."

I'm keeping my lips sealed on this one, but please trust me: swing and a miss on the domestic violence piece.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Regardless of the type of animal - what part of acting like a fucking adult are people missing?

Roger, innocent until proven guilty - I'm a firm believer in that. But when you screw up, or are perceived as screwing up, as a service member, you bring discredit upon the whole lot of us.

To any ensigns/2nd LTs out there - if it seems like it could possibly come back to haunt you - DON'T FREAKIN' DO IT!

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.

With this whole reduction in force going on, if those guys don't get the boot I call BS! I honestly don't know why they let them continue training in the first place. Drive out of bounds to break the law and phone muster from jail instead of fess up to their situation?? Sounds just like the kind of people I DON'T want to fly or trust my life with.

If this Marine is guilty of doing what he's charged with, he needs the boot too. No excuse for killing a dog unless it was attacking someone. I do think it's a bit sad that people pay more attention to how animals are treated compared to people though. Not trying to take anything away from the "wrongness" of the action, but child abuse gets less attention, and is WAY worse in my opinion.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
If this Marine is guilty of doing what he's charged with, he needs the boot too.

He submitted his resignation...end of the story as far as him being a Marine is concerned. Felony animal cruelty charges in the 1stCivDiv will be bad enough...

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Do you have a dog? And if you do...is it always tied up in the backyard and you just make sure it's food/water bowl is filled and go about your day?

I had a good buddy who was a roommate of mine in college who had your attitude...said the exact same thing with respect to dogs, "Jesus, it's just a dog". Well I always ended up taking care of his Boxer..until I moved out after I graduated. His dog died like a year later.

Cool story Hansel.