• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conduct during colors

Mos

None
I've seen this a lot, and I was surprised to see a lot of Marines doing it at the Miramar airshow. Thought you guys were supposed to set the example on stuff like that. ;)

Last note, drop salute. Sounding of Carry on..... carry on.

It may be that someone just instructed them to do it this way. I used to do it this way (cut at carry on) because my chief at OCS taught it that way. Then when I noticed others doing it differently, I looked up the OPNAVINST for it.

"When covered, they shall come to the salute at the first note of the anthem, and shall remain at the salute until the last note of the anthem."
OPNAVINST 1710.7A - 1205

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
If you were a "Lead LTJG", I bet you would correct them, and write an email about how hard it is leading your peers, but sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions and step on toes, at least that's what a "Lead ENS" does from what I hear...

(if you don't get the reference you probably haven't gotten the email)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you were a "Lead LTJG", I bet you would correct them, and write an email about how hard it is leading your peers, but sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions and step on toes, at least that's what a "Lead ENS" does from what I hear...

(if you don't get the reference you probably haven't gotten the email)

Hey dude. Welcome to last week. Did you just crawl out from under a rock and get the email? :D

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Haha no, but it's still funny to think the last line was "I hope I don't screw up"

rdjarvis

I get angry when ever I witness fellow sailors who only run "3" miles a year burst into a dead sprint at the 5 min warning. I agree with everyone, its disrespectful to our nation when someone goes out of their way to avoid colors. The laziness really pisses me off, I mean really its like 2min 30sec. Of course when ships from foreign nations are in port we play theirs as well.