• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conditional Release DD368 for USMC Officer

silver236

None
Greetings All,

I am currently an active duty Marine Corps Captain (Communications Officer) with over five years of commissioned service and am highly considering about flying for a different branch before it's too late. I've already applied to the Field Accession Board twice but unfortunately I was not granted the opportunity to fly for the Corps. With this said, I began the process to apply for Army Active Duty (warrant officer), Army Guard (warrant officer), and Air Force Reserves. I am almost complete with the Army; passed SIFT and waiting to hear back on my flight physical from Ft. Rucker. For the Air Force Reserves, I will still need to take the AFOQT, TBAS, and flight physical. According to the recruiters, I have a pretty good shot at the Air Force Reserves and Army National Guard due to my experience in the Corps along with my PPL (100hrs+).

The only major challenge that I foresee is obtaining the conditional release from the HQMC. I am still serving the two-year career designation obligation which will not be complete until December of 2019. In addition, I just PCSed to my new duty station in July 2018. With that said, how soon can I submit a request for conditional release via my chain of command to the HQMC? Will the PCS order (36-month obligation as stated on the web orders) prevent me from getting released from the Corps anytime soon? I read into MCO (Separation and Retirement Manual) but it did not mention anything about timeline or obligation. I heard officers can request to resign their commission as soon as they're done serving their two-year career designation obligation. I also heard that officers can request for inter-service transfer before the career designation obligation is even complete. Yes, I have already sent an email to my monitor regarding this but he is currently on a MMOA roadshow so I will not probably get a response for a while. Plus, I would like to hear from individuals who already have knowledge and experience regarding this matter. Thank you for your time.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Greetings All,

I am currently an active duty Marine Corps Captain (Communications Officer) with over five years of commissioned service and am highly considering about flying for a different branch before it's too late. I've already applied to the Field Accession Board twice but unfortunately I was not granted the opportunity to fly for the Corps. With this said, I began the process to apply for Army Active Duty (warrant officer), Army Guard (warrant officer), and Air Force Reserves. I am almost complete with the Army; passed SIFT and waiting to hear back on my flight physical from Ft. Rucker. For the Air Force Reserves, I will still need to take the AFOQT, TBAS, and flight physical. According to the recruiters, I have a pretty good shot at the Air Force Reserves and Army National Guard due to my experience in the Corps along with my PPL (100hrs+).

The only major challenge that I foresee is obtaining the conditional release from the HQMC. I am still serving the two-year career designation obligation which will not be complete until December of 2019. In addition, I just PCSed to my new duty station in July 2018. With that said, how soon can I submit a request for conditional release via my chain of command to the HQMC? Will the PCS order (36-month obligation as stated on the web orders) prevent me from getting released from the Corps anytime soon? I read into MCO (Separation and Retirement Manual) but it did not mention anything about timeline or obligation. I heard officers can request to resign their commission as soon as they're done serving their two-year career designation obligation. I also heard that officers can request for inter-service transfer before the career designation obligation is even complete. Yes, I have already sent an email to my monitor regarding this but he is currently on a MMOA roadshow so I will not probably get a response for a while. Plus, I would like to hear from individuals who already have knowledge and experience regarding this matter. Thank you for your time.

PM me.