• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Concerned about prepping for ATSB

BossLady379

Hello all.

I've been talking to a recruiter for a while now and I'm trying to get into the BDCP program. My worry is the initial test. How bad can I score? I just finished my Associates in Criminal Justice and I did well with the math, but im looking at the ARCO study guide and for the first time I don't feel as smart as I know I'm. Is there anytest test I can take to prepare myself for the entrance exam?

Thanks,
:eek:

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
...I don't feel as smart as I know I'm. Is there anytest test I can take...

You don't type as intelligently as you should either..:p

Regarding your questions about scoring, practice exams, BDCP inquiries...these are all things that, working closely with your recruiter (as you say that you have been) can help you with, they're there to give you guidance and assist you in matters such as this. Recruiters are a very useful tool if used correctly.

Good luck!

BossLady379

You don't type as intelligently as you should either..:p

Regarding your questions about scoring, practice exams, BDCP inquiries...these are all things that, working closely with your recruiter (as you say that you have been) can help you with, they're there to give you guidance and assist you in matters such as this. Recruiters are a very useful tool if used correctly.

Good luck!

Very Funny ;)

Well all he told me was to get the ARCO book and study. He is 2 hours away so maybe thats why he's not all giving and such. I don't know.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
Very Funny ;)

Well all he told me was to get the ARCO book and study. He is 2 hours away so maybe thats why he's not all giving and such. I don't know.

Study that book, although it's not as full-proof as it's made out to be..it's just the most popular 'bookstore' study guide that's around. Nevertheless, study the types of questions in the book, they give you a pretty good generalization of the actual test questions; take the practice tests as well..and search online, there's a wealth of info and good gouge out there if you're willing to look for it.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
I'm studying everyday.

Good.

I don't know what job I want is that a bad thing..

It's always best to have an idea of what you want to do...there are so many opportunities in the NAVY that if you sit down and do some research on different communities, it's not that difficult to narrow it down to a few things that you would like to do.

...is it ok to let my test decide?

Getting thrown into something that you don't enjoy will result in a short career, regardless of any job, military or civilian. Research things that interest you, and you won't have a hard time choosing where you want to be.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Make sure you TIME YOURSELF when taking the practice tests. Use all the tests (ASVAB, the Air Force test) in the Arco as well for the problems (math, vocab, mech). Also, keep in mind that the arco combines the Math and Verbal, but the ASTB seperates the two.

BossLady379

Thanks for the help. I'm really interested in Intelligence, but the recruiter said I have to take the Aviation Test as well. I'm looking into other careers as well just in case my score isnt good enough for Intel.

skim

None
Contributor
You dont know till you know. Just do it. I took it twice. Some 3 times.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
You dont know till you know. Just do it. I took it twice. Some 3 times.

BossLady; keep in mind that the ASTB isn't a test you can just take whenever you want if you're not satisfied with your previous score(s). You may only take it a total of 3 times in your lifetime..and you must wait 30 days before taking it for a second time, and 90 days after that to take it a third. Also, they do not take your best score, they take your most recent.

skim

None
Contributor
That is true. Just do it when you are confident...