• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Computing NSS Quesstimate

Winging_It

Advanced NASWF
Again, knowing that this is a rough estimate - humor me. Managed to get the quotient. Calculated separately for flights and sims. How are sims weighed in relation to flights? For example, my flight event quotient is 1.047 (for contacts, I struggled hard y'all). Sim (for contacts) is 1.36, thanks to sim inflation. Adding the total points for both categories, I've got a quotient of 1.138. This is assuming all events are weighted equally.

Anyway, thanks for the gouge. Currently working through instruments, and then onto forms.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
Again, knowing that this is a rough estimate - humor me. Managed to get the quotient. Calculated separately for flights and sims. How are sims weighed in relation to flights? For example, my flight event quotient is 1.047 (for contacts, I struggled hard y'all). Sim (for contacts) is 1.36, thanks to sim inflation. Adding the total points for both categories, I've got a quotient of 1.138. This is assuming all events are weighted equally.

Anyway, thanks for the gouge. Currently working through instruments, and then onto forms.
Who gives a f***? Just do the best you can and let the grades fall where they may

FinkUFreaky

pilot

Stop over-thinking it and just focus on doing better in instruments. The grades are always going to be different and are never going to be perfectly objective, but the better students do better overall. The better you're prepared for the brief/event, the better you will do. That is all you can control.

Edit: Would love to change it, but feel free to use the word "better" more than 4 times in two sentences! Thanks southern alabama :)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

The JPPT handbook should have the NSS calculation/ sample printed in it.

That looks like a 42 to me.

Dontcallmegump

pilot

FWIW every completer this week from NASWF who didnt go jets, went helos. Similarly, all but the 1 jet student from corpus went maritime....

8 for 8 not required to move, didn't.

Atleast now when we get helos we can blame it on "the rona"

Actual advice: be safe and have fun flying. If you're not doing that, what are you doing?