• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Competitiveness

traskilla

I scored a 56 on the astb and Im about a good med for the prt. I have a decent gpa, about 4 references and a good amount of involvement from my highschool days. Im a management major with a minor in ecomonics. I was wondering if anyone knew how many people were applying for BDCP and how competitive my scores would be.

acwildcat

pilot
I scored a 56 on the astb and Im about a good med for the prt. I have a decent gpa, about 4 references and a good amount of involvement from my highschool days. Im a management major with a minor in ecomonics. I was wondering if anyone knew how many people were applying for BDCP and how competitive my scores would be.

No one here is going to be able to tell you exactly how competitive that will be because it depends on who you are going to go up against for that month. They might choose everyone who submits an application or they might choose no one, it just depends. That being said, you basically just described what my application looked like down to the major and I got professionally recommended last month. Only diff is I have a minor in spanish and not econ. Good luck

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs
It's competitive, and for a good reason. Depending on what program you want, it can be extremely competitive. The Navy isn't going to dish out money just for kicks and giggles (on you, anyway)--you have to prove you really want it.

Don't know until you try, though.

m26

Contributor
http://www.navy-officer.com/blog/

Dig around. Will give you some idea of how many applied (I don't know if this is this recruiter's office or national numbers).

If you search the forum for the ASTB guide, it will show you where your OAR score falls in the range of all takers of the test.

Don't worry about your competitiveness. If you want it, go get it!

Lobster

I hope you were a little more specific in your package :confused:.

Post a little more detail and you might be able to get a better feel for where you are but, as it was said before no one can really tell you for sure, also look around some of the monthy board threads to get an idea of who is being picked up for what and what they had in their package.

torpedo0126

yea whats a decent GPA? also, i don't know how it plays into selection, but NROTC scholarship boards put preference for technical/science majors.