• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Competitive ASTB scores for age waivers

nfortner

Hi all,

So I just took my ASTB yesterday, and my recruiter seems to think I have a good shot at getting a SNA age limit waiver, as I'll be turning 27 in May and there's no chance of starting OCS by then.

I had 8s on my AQR, PFAR and FOFAR, and an OAR score of 61. Unfortunately I don't have much of a technical background, as I have a MA in Political Science and a BA in Poli Sci and History, nor am I prior service. Will this hurt me?

Anyone else on here successfully applied for a waiver? If you did and don't mind my asking, what were your scores?

Thanks!!!

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
I have little knowledge with age waivers but I was under the impression that they are NOT given. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject can help out.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I was told I could apply for a waiver, however, there is an extremely small (meaning almost zero) chance of getting it. I found this out after I was Pro-Rec'd for NFO. I have read on here you wouldn't get an age waiver for NA because you need to be PRO-Rec'd already. Due to the large quantity of qualified applicants within the age limits is the reasoning behind them not giving anyone the waiver without already having a Pro-Rec. But apply for it and see what happens. Good Luck!

nfortner

Gotcha. Thanks for the information

I figured it would be a long shot, but I may apply anyway. The worst that can happen is that I'd not get approved for it, and just end up going for SWO instead.