• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Compare Navy OCS to USMC OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTodd

Well I was bored and I just was wondering what Navy OCS was like so here is my USMC experience, lets here some NAVY ocs.

Well a bunch of you want to know what to expect I will try to help you out.

0500-Wake up
0510-BE out on the parade deck for formation
0520-Chow
0600-Class
0800-PT which is the best part of the day
1000-PT shower and clean squad bay
1100-1200 chow
The rest of the day varies as you learn more you start going ouot in the field to practice stuff like navigation, hand sighns and formations, SULE 1 and SULE 2 stuff.
During the beging of training you will in the classroom alot.
1700-evening chow
1800-2000 class, bible study(WED),Uniform Fitings(thur)
2000-Hygien
2100-Taps

Recomendations
Start practicing saying "This Candidate". Sergeant Instructors where green belts and PLatoon sergeants have black belts. Do not mix them up, you will get an essay if you do. Be confident when they are in your face if you hold your ground and answer their questions you will be fine. if you start to stuter or brake the P.O.A. your dead.
PT is easy if you are ready for it, if you scored around a 275 you should be ready the most you run the first few weeks is 3 miles, but there is alot of walking and marching and the hikes suck so some lower body strenght and endurance would be helpful.

OCS is a good time, you will remember the smell your staff and your fellow candidates. Take it day by day and chow to chow. If you focus on weeks ahead it will drag and suck. It is not paradise by any means, but remember that it is only for 10 weeks. I stress you must remember it is only for 10 weeks, they will try to get you to drop, they will try to convince you that it is not what you want. Good Luck. Man I can wait until I am back in the "Hunt".

GTodd

Hey, ouch I know my spelling isn't the best, but damn. Nice job kicking a guy when he is down. Thanks Version2pointass

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
If it helps, GTodd. I orginally posted a reply to V2.0 saying something along the lines of... "Geeze, shoot him while's he down why don't you." But I deleted the post, so I wouldn't cause any flames. Anyways, talk amongst yourselves...

GTodd

NO they did not make us go to bible study, that extra hour of sleep was huge!!!!!!1

Hey EA-6B thanks for the deffense.

GTodd

Hey any way any of you NAVY OCS Alumni wanna compare I am interested to see how my brothers and sisters train.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
A lot of it looks the same, only one BIG difference (or two)

For one, we wake up at 05:00, be in parade formation at 05:10. Then, we PT at 05:15-? Morning chow is AFTER PT (06:30???) And we eat dinner chow around 17:00 (That means almost 12 hours of eating nothing!) And yes, at Navy OCS, we hit taps at 22:00, and you never get the full 7 scheduled hours of sleep. That's the main difference that I see between the two. We run 3-mile individual runs 1 or 2 times per week.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.