• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

community college then NROTC

Chris94

CWO selected
What are my options if I attend two years of community college or, essentially a college here in Clovis with no NROTC program and then switch to a college in San Diego with an NROTC program? I'm just concerned about how I make up for the two years of Naval Science I would miss out on? I heard somewhere that you're sent to Rhode Island? Could someone clear this up for me? Thanks!

zeagle

What are my options if I attend two years of community college or, essentially a college here in Clovis with no NROTC program and then switch to a college in San Diego with an NROTC program? I'm just concerned about how I make up for the two years of Naval Science I would miss out on? I heard somewhere that you're sent to Rhode Island? Could someone clear this up for me? Thanks!

I was told when I tried to transfer into an NROTC program that there are no longer 2 year options offered. I transferred to a large state school with about 60 credits and this was told to me by the individual in charge of the program, so I pursued OCS instead. On the other hand however, the Air Force and the Army do have the two year option, so you could go that route if you really want ROTC. Good luck.

Chris94

CWO selected
I was told when I tried to transfer into an NROTC program that there are no longer 2 year options offered. I transferred to a large state school with about 60 credits and this was told to me by the individual in charge of the program, so I pursued OCS instead. On the other hand however, the Air Force and the Army do have the two year option, so you could go that route if you really want ROTC. Good luck.
what school and when were you told this?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What are my options if I attend two years of community college or, essentially a college here in Clovis with no NROTC program and then switch to a college...
To minimize a huge student loan debt, you could do 2 years at Fresno CC or COS Visalia, then 2 years at Fresno State... get degree, then apply for OCS. That way you could live/subsist at home.;)
Grrrrrrrrrrr........   Go Fresno!.jpgFSU-1.jpg
BzB

zeagle

what school and when were you told this?

I am not going to name the school on a public forum or the NROTC department, but it is a big 10 school with a HUGE NROTC program. I learned this when I transferred there in 2011, and specifically told that there used to be the 2 year program in the past, but it no longer exists. What you need to do is simply call whatever NROTC department at whatever school you want to attend, and ask them your straightforward question regarding the 2 year program.

Chris94

CWO selected
O
I am not going to name the school on a public forum or the NROTC department, but it is a big 10 school with a HUGE NROTC program. I learned this when I transferred there in 2011, and specifically told that there used to be the 2 year program in the past, but it no longer exists. What you need to do is simply call whatever NROTC department at whatever school you want to attend, and ask them your straightforward question regarding the 2 year program.
Oh ok, I'll do that. Thanks!

WEGL12

VT-28

Not sure if it is still offered, but three years ago the CO of a unit could award someone with the Tweedale scholarship. If I remember correctly, it can only be given to someone joining the unit with between 30 and 60 hours of credits and a technical major. I went to a community college for two years and was selected for this scholarship when I transferred to my four year university. I ended up turning the scholarship down but I would recommend looking into this scholarship if its still available.

Chris94

CWO selected
Not sure if it is still offered, but three years ago the CO of a unit could award someone with the Tweedale scholarship. If I remember correctly, it can only be given to someone joining the unit with between 30 and 60 hours of credits and a technical major. I went to a community college for two years and was selected for this scholarship when I transferred to my four year university. I ended up turning the scholarship down but I would recommend looking into this scholarship if its still available.
Is this scholarship only available to students already in the college program or to anybody coming into the school?

WEGL12

VT-28
Is this scholarship only available to students already in the college program or to anybody coming into the school?

Back when I was going through the process it was available for students not in the unit but already in the college. The CO at the unit I interviewed with said very few people apply for the scholarship because it isn't advertised like the two and four year scholarships.

Chris94

CWO selected
Back when I was going through the process it was available for students not in the unit but already in the college. The CO at the unit I interviewed with said very few people apply for the scholarship because it isn't advertised like the two and four year scholarships.
Ok, I'll be sure to look into it, thanks!