• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commissioning Question

btf79

I was originally scheduled to get commissioned in August, but I am scheduled to take a couple of CLEP exams next week, and if I pass, I will graduate in May. Does anyone know if it will be a huge hassle to bump up my commissioning date to May? I was under the impression that MCRC really wasn't concerned as long as you didn't change the fiscal year of commissioning. Any guidance would be great.

phrogpilot73

I was originally scheduled to get commissioned in August, but I am scheduled to take a couple of CLEP exams next week, and if I pass, I will graduate in May. Does anyone know if it will be a huge hassle to bump up my commissioning date to May? I was under the impression that MCRC really wasn't concerned as long as you didn't change the fiscal year of commissioning. Any guidance would be great.
Have you talked to your OSO about it? He's the best one to know...

phrogpilot73

Going to talk to my MOI about it this afternoon...just wanted to have my ducks in a row.
Personally, I don't think the USMC will have a huge beef about it. But with the speed of heat that HQMC works at, you may get the nod to commission in May sometime around September... :D

Crowbar

None
The potential problem lies in the fact that you have to request (in writing) your commission at a certain point before you actually commission. It's all in the NAM, 1560.15L, and applicable MARADMIN somewhere. In most cases this is largely transparent to you-the MOI/AMOI do the paperwork for it and you sign it. The sooner you let them know, the better.