• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commissioning Loans

twidget

Deskaholic
I just got it yesterday (paperwork came via FedEx today, and the first payment could be delayed by 90 days. This deferrment seems to be all over the place. Maybe they roll a single die and tell you 1-6 months depending on what comes up?:icon_wink

KimberlyD

twidget said:
Maybe they roll a single die and tell you 1-6 months depending on what comes up?:icon_wink

You didn't know? USAA recruits the retired detailers fr the Navy, they even give 'em a new dartboard for this purpose!

Logico

Do you have to have a certain credit score to get one of these commissioning loans? If so, what is the score?

KimberlyD

No, USAA pretty much knows that you're good for the money afterall they require that you switch your direct deposit fr the Navy to their bank & worse case scenario, USAA can find YOU & your CO if you fail to pay...

hourocket

Bullseye
None
They do check your credit, but you dont have to have perfect credit (I dont) but I am sure they just dong give 25k to anyone

Logico

I just got $25,000 deposited into my USAA checking account thanks to this thread. Interest rate 2%. Payments do not start until 90 days after commissioning date.

Thanks everyone!:)

Cornellianintel

Logico said:
I just got $25,000 deposited into my USAA checking account thanks to this thread. Interest rate 2%. Payments do not start until 90 days after commissioning date.

Thanks everyone!:)

Heh. They told me I'd have to wait until I reported for duty to receive the loan. Were you able to get it because you're BDCP?

Best,
cac

Logico

Cornellianintel said:
Heh. They told me I'd have to wait until I reported for duty to receive the loan. Were you able to get it because you're BDCP?

Best,
cac

Chris,

He gave you bad gouge man. Just call up USAA and get the loan. You are eligible up to like 18 months prior to your commissioning date. I applied for the loan on Monday and by today (Friday) I was $25,000 richer! :)

Joe

Cornellianintel

Logico said:
Chris,

He gave you bad gouge man. Just call up USAA and get the loan. You are eligible up to like 18 months prior to your commissioning date. I applied for the loan on Monday and by today (Friday) I was $25,000 richer! :)

Joe

Thanks a lot, man. I'll get right on that.

Just did it. Thanks for the head up!!!

Cornellianintel

RootinTootin said:
Just so I am clear on this. After I take my oath, even before attending one day of OCS, I am eligible for this loan?

As long as you're within 18 months of commissioning, that's a big affirmative.

Best,
Chris

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Bump.

I just want to reiterate what a good deal and how easy the USAA Commisioning Loan is. 2% fixed APR. Payments can be deferred up to 90 days after your commissioning. It's a huge jump start financially if you aren't going to be a jackass and spend it all on random crap. I'm paying off my car which is at 5.9%. Most of the rest is going into a CD.

I called today and they are overnighting me the paperwork. I should have it early next week. It couldn't have been easier. It's almost scary.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
I was just wondering if anyone in BDCP has taken advantage of this yet? I am still about 20 months from commissioning but when I was inside the 18 month window I would like to get this to consolidate my debt. Does anyone know if you can get this loan 18 months out if you are BDCP?