• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commissioning and Reporting TBS

shimbo

I will be all set and done with college in early March. However, I have the option of either getting commissioned right away or waiting until graduation in May. Is there any advantages/disadvantages of accepting my commission earlier in regards to TBS? Btw, I am a ground contract.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
There isn't too much in regards to TBS, you will start when they want you to however if you are thinking about a career, earlier might put you in a group earlier than the Navy Acad Lts which will affect promotions later...

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
Also you can work for your OSO after comissioning for certain amount of time if memory serves me right. I'm sure others have better info on that.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
If you're planning in getting married or have some kind of plans along those lines then holding off on Commissioning and TBS isn't a bad thing. However, like most people say here, the quicker you get it started, the quicker you get paid. You can be put on PTAD orders 60 days out from your TBS date, and work with your OSO. Unless you get a hook up or something like that.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
I did the same thing, commissioned in april instead of june. I got to TBS in Fox while most guys I went to PLC with had to wait until alpha or Bravo to start. I looked at it as the sooner you get there, the sooner you start getting paid, the sooner you get out of TBS, and the sooner you get to go to Pensacola and start flying.