• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Combination GPA for current enlisted

crmarczak

I apologize if this has already been answered, I couldn't find the specific answer I was looking for.

I'm AD, and have my associates and bachelors. My associates GPA was above 3.5, and my Bachelors below 2.5. My credits but not GPA transfered into the bachelors.

I've asked my Command career counselor to tell me what my GPA is according to the Navy so I'll know what PA I'll qualify for. I've done a manual Calc of credits earned and GPA and gotten just above 3.0 but I assume there is an official navy calc/form/doc.

Does anyone know:
1. Will the Navy combine my GPA?
2. The name/location of this presumed GPA Calc?
3. Any official forms/certifications/internal systems that need to be routed?
4. Is GPA for currently enlisted overshadowed by evals etc?

Any information is highly appreciated!

exNavyOffRec

Each designator will look at your background a little different, to be honest most people with a big difference in their GPA started out rough and finished strong. The fact you are the reverse could be a negative mark. The best thing you can do is look for a designator where you meet the PA without needing any waivers as that could be another negative mark.

1. Yes
2. not sure if the same sheet is used for AD as civilian
3. use the 1420.1b and the NRC processor will let you know if something additional is needed.
4. no

crmarczak

Each designator will look at your background a little different, to be honest most people with a big difference in their GPA started out rough and finished strong. The fact you are the reverse could be a negative mark. The best thing you can do is look for a designator where you meet the PA without needing any waivers as that could be another negative mark.

1. Yes
2. not sure if the same sheet is used for AD as civilian
3. use the 1420.1b and the NRC processor will let you know if something additional is needed.
4. no

All the GPAs and college credits should be treated as if you attended one college.

CNRC will calculate total courses taken versus credits earned from all colleges.
Thank you both, I've been getting a lot of back and forth information from my command, and my NC1 doesnt know anything about this. In theory could I contact an Officer Recruiter, send my two transcripts and have them tell me what my 'Navy' GPA is, so that I know what I'd qualify for GPA wise. Does that make sense?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you both, I've been getting a lot of back and forth information from my command, and my NC1 doesnt know anything about this. In theory could I contact an Officer Recruiter, send my two transcripts and have them tell me what my 'Navy' GPA is, so that I know what I'd qualify for GPA wise. Does that make sense?
It is pretty easy to figure out, you take your total GPA points earned and divide by total credits attempted and that will give you what your overall GPA is

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Or you can ask for the excel sheet and plug in the info. It’s fairly easy to calculate.

crmarczak

It is pretty easy to figure out, you take your total GPA points earned and divide by total credits attempted and that will give you what your overall GPA is
Is it attempted credits or completed credits? Both my diplomas math out correctly as completed credits but mathing attempted changes both.