• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Combat Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

I see a lot of Air Force F-16 and F-15 pilots at work and have noticed that they have been wearing the "new" oxygen mask, helmet and vest known as the Combat Edge system for about 2 years now. I was under the impression that the Navy and Marines would be fitting all of their F/A-18 pilots with the new gear soon after the Air Force but as of yet, I haven't seen any Hornet pilots wearing it. The only thing new on them, is the HGU-68P helmet with the new visor assembly. Any current Navy/Marine pilots out there know if Combat Edge is standard issue yet or when it will be?

bluto

All Marine fleet squadrons have the whole setup now (pretty sure Navy too). We aren't required to wear the vest, but most guys are wearing the mask as it tends to stay in place better during BFM.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by bluto
All Marine fleet squadrons have the whole setup now (pretty sure Navy too). We aren't required to wear the vest, but most guys are wearing the mask as it tends to stay in place better during BFM.
which squadron are you with? this is news to me

Kimphils Girl

On military.com it says that only the air force and navy are getting Combat Edge, not the marines. Hope this helps.

Stay trong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I think that we are getting the Combat Edge
batman_125.gif
at primary for the might T-34!
propeller_125.gif

Dave

topher1235

I could not find information re: the Combat Edge on military.com. Does anyone have a link that discusses what it is? Thanks.

bluto

Marine Hornet squadrons at Beaufort have all recieved the combat edge gear over a year ago and i'm pretty sure the miramar guys all have it as well. We just aren't required to have to wear the whole ensemble as of yet, but the mask is actually really comfortable.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Do a google search under Gentex Combat edge or Gentex Helmets.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.