• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Columbians Net Largest Drug Bust Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Good to see that they are getting stuff done down there. Takin a bite outta crime.

mcgruff.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/crime_colombia_dc

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Okay, pride has gotten the best of me. It's actually not the largest bust ever. The largest is still the USS Curts, I'm pretty sure. This bust may now bump ours down. Ours was the second largest about a week after the Curts got hers...from the same family. 13.8 though? That's still a butt-ton.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure if this affects your answer, but I believe that "tonnes" are metric tons, meaning they netted a little over 15.2 "tons." Also, I think they might also be measuring the "largest" by value in this case.

Not sure though, but any drug bust is a worthy accomplishment.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
Not sure though, but any drug bust is a worth accomplishment.

Oh, no doubt. All our stuff is MT as well. That's how they account for it since everything is in kilo form.

Also, those numbers seem to inflate with time. ;) Either way, it's definitely a big deal seizure.

Status
Not open for further replies.