• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

color officers and banner officers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabiscuit

On #31 on the prep test the answer is flag officers are commodores and admirals. Could someone please explain the designations of the other titles? I would assume that field officers are captains and colonels. I'm not sure about color and banner officers. Not to sound disrespectful but could I get some help?
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif

SaiyanCivic

ok, this is what i have found by brousing on the net. i could not find anything on banner officers. i personally think it is band officers. idk
banghead_125.gif

Flag Officers= An officer in the navy or coast guard holding a rank higher than captain, such as rear admiral, vice admiral, or admiral.

Field Officer= A military officer, such as a major, lieutenant colonel, or colonel, ranking above a captain and below a brigadier general. Also called field officer.

http://www.bonnieblue.net/division_staff/contents.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/ab3/xfostt/news.html

SKSR Lowe
EODMU-7
San Diego, CA

batman_125.gif
[Batman]

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You need to remember that the current version of the ASTB has been used since 1992, so at that time the Navy's Flag officers (O-7 through O-10)were:

O-7 Commodore
O-8 Rear Admiral
O-9 Vice Admiral
O-10 Admiral

but now they are:

O-7 Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
O-8 Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
O-9 Vice Admiral
O-10 Admiral

The correct answer to #31 is c. Flag Officers (no such thing as Color or Banner officer)

Hope this helps!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by seabiscuit
On #31 on the prep test the answer is flag officers are commodores and admirals. Could someone please explain the designations of the other titles? I would assume that field officers are captains and colonels. I'm not sure about color and banner officers. Not to sound disrespectful but could I get some help?
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif
bulb_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.