• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College junior interested in aviation

blackjack24

so the marine officer recruiter said my eyes were fine at 20/40 correctable at 20/20 but does anyone know how the process goes in terms of starting the program as a junior in college? i'm still looking at the airforce rotc but the marines sounds really appealing even though those guys are hard core and definately the best of the best

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
so the marine officer recruiter said my eyes were fine at 20/40 correctable at 20/20 but does anyone know how the process goes in terms of starting the program as a junior in college? i'm still looking at the airforce rotc but the marines sounds really appealing even though those guys are hard core and definately the best of the best

Well blackjack you could always Google "marine officer as a junior" and click on the first thing you see.

Gonna have to read it on your own though.

S/F

I spoke to the LA recruiter and he said I cant fly because my eyes aren't 20/20, I could get surgery but I am not going to spend that kind of money for a shot at aviation thats bs. So he said navigator I could do and anything else except pilot. Then at school the marine officer gave some info on their aviation program and that seems interesting...

I guess it isn't as important to some people.

Lobster

The OR told you just about your eyes and you didn't see fit to ask him how getting into the program works or where you can start now? :confused:

blackjack24

thanks for the info. As a backup to aviation I'm looking at intelligence, anyone have any good websites or any boards where I could get information other then the navy officer site?

KLT

hey Blackjack,
I'm also a UCLA bruin and considered the same options as you starting my Junior year. YOu are right that the ROTC at UCLA is AWESOME, with the most amazing people. If you have any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to speak with you. I can also pass you on to my recruiter in LA if you like ( he's an awesome guy).

I applied DA in May for SNA and NFO, and am now awaiting Final Select. Depending on what major you are at UCLA, it could vary whether or not if you should wait to do DA or go ahead and apply now. ( in my experience)

good luck!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
hey Blackjack,
I'm also a UCLA bruin and considered the same options as you starting my Junior year. YOu are right that the ROTC at UCLA is AWESOME, with the most amazing people. If you have any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to speak with you. I can also pass you on to my recruiter in LA if you like ( he's an awesome guy).

I applied DA in May for SNA and NFO, and am now awaiting Final Select. Depending on what major you are at UCLA, it could vary whether or not if you should wait to do DA or go ahead and apply now. ( in my experience)

good luck!

I earned my commission through the UCLA NROTC program. I was there from 1988-1993, two extra quarters for the extra scholarship classes. It was a great program when I was there.

ag74683

BDCP is about all you can do now. Paper work for OCS doesnt start till your first semester senior year, or so Ive been told.