• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College Degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vballpilot

I have a question that i hope someone can shine some light on for me. I have gotten conflicting answers from different sources and I was wondering if anyone can answer this; currently I am a junior in college and I will be graduating with a BA in Economics-- now I've heard that to be a Naval Aviator one needs a BS, is this true?
If it is, is it possible that a BS Ed. would qualify as a BS degree? If anyone knows the answer please tell me....thanks.

Tahoe

I suggest you check with your recruter, she/he should be able to tell you very quickly. I'm sure there are also other websites like the Navy's that could answer the question. It's a good question, I don't remember this one ever being asked before.

How about it, anyone else have a BA instead of a BS and already in?? Matt, John, Vicki, Dave, anyone...anyone.....Buler...Buler..??

gunnerdd972

I am getting a Degree in Business Management, and I am in the pilot program. I could get a degree in basket weaving and the Navy will still take me. I hope this helps.

GM2(SW)/(OC) Hosehead

Edited by - gunnerdd972 on 09/24/2001 10:21:18

Jack

I graduated from the University of Florida with a BA in Political Science. There is no such requirment for a BS to get into the Naval Aviation pipeline. Here in Meridian (Intermediate and Advanced Jet training) there is pretty good spread of degrees ranging from Aeronautical Engineering to History. One of my friends has a degree in Physical Education - I didnt even know you could major in that.?. Just do as well as you can in a degree that you enjoy.

jec

Dave Shutter

Like Jack said, technically any Batchelor's degree from an accredited school is required be it art or science. My BA is in Filmmaking! Everyone will tell you though, and I've even seen it printed in recruiting literature, that science degrees are preferred but when people aren't lining up for the slots they have then they take who's qualified. Wether or not it stays that way these next years is a ??? This past FY they added a hundred slots to the already large number of openings, but when I first talked to a recruiter in 98' all the pilot openings for that year were gone already. Just what I was told though.

Jack...keep up the posts on Meridian and the T-45, I for one followed Matt all through Jet training but it's still cool to read.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I've got a BS! In Criminal Justice. Its BS in the purest sense of the word! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.