• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Cockpit" renamed "Box Office"

Too good not to share�

mail

While
the C-5 was turning over its engines, a female
crewman gave the G.I.s on board the usual
information regarding seat belts, emergency exits,
etc .

Finally, she said, 'Now sit back and enjoy your
trip while your captain, Judith Campbell,
and crew take you safely to
Afghanistan '

An old M Sgt. sitting in the eighth row thought to
himself,

'Did I hear her right? Is the captain a woman?'

When the attendant came by he said
'Did I understand you right? Is the captain
a woman?'

'Yes,' said the attendant, 'In
fact, this entire crew is female.'

mail

'My God,' he said, 'I wish I had two double scotch and
sodas. I don't know what to think with only women up
there in the cockpit.

'That's another thing, Sergeant,' said the crew member,
'We No Longer Call It The Cockpit'

'It's The Box Office.'

Bolter

pilot
I'm gonna go with a flashing yellow, or perhaps a steady red light on this one. Funny for the ready room (full of males)--yes. Appropriate thread--probably not.

Bolter

pilot
Quit being a homo. You people and your sensitivity training need to get a life. It's funny. I'm leaving it up.

alas, the man with almost 5,000 posts on a website about work is telling me to get a life. I'm sorry, I'll stop being such a pussy.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I personally like the 'Airplane will not fly straight due to crack in the pilot's seat.." or the variety of versions of that :eek:

Bolter

pilot
Seriously? Is someone likely to get "offended" by this?

Its pretty sad my friend, but in today's PC military, yes. Now obviously ready room talk is still ready room talk (especially when there are two females in your entire community), but you still always have to do a clearing turn before dropping anything that would cause an AOM.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I was woking in the main electrical load center of a P3 when I turned to PO2 and asked her if she could hand me my wire cutters. She responded "THEY"RE FUCKING DYKES!" I never worried much about what I said around her ever again.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
People don't realize that a lot of women can out cuss, out filthy talk a lot of guys. I can't count the times guys have started to tell a joke, look at me and stop what they're doing, and I have to tell them to keep going because I won't be offended. I understand that there are women out there who do get offended, but I figure I'm joining a predominantly male organization so I figure it comes with the territory. I think a good rule of thumb, whether you're part of a "minority" group or not, is let people know where your line is so others won't cross it.