• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coast Guard pilot involved in crash to be charged with homicide

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I try not to let my inner cynic shine through, but I believe the system will fuck over anyone and everyone to protect itself.
I really don't think the "system" , whatever it is, is so threatened that it must protect itself to this extreme. Although I admit not being intimately familier with this animate "system", as I understand it, the "system" is omnipotent. It fears fallout from a simple aircraft mishap that doesn't even make national news?

MasterBates

By "system" it is generally meant that O-6s and above generally don't like something to happen, and not be seen "doing something"

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Brunes

pilot
Additional information here. The IO determined that the links can not be made by a "reasonable fact finder" and that criminal prosecution is not his recommendation.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Additional information here. The IO determined that the links can not be made by a "reasonable fact finder" and that criminal prosecution is not his recommendation.

Interesting. We'll see if the Commandant goes along. Seems smart to me.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Indeed. It's called irony. :D I've also referred to Santa clause from time to time.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man, the hits just keep coming for this guy . . .

It seems to me that the Navy Times, once a favorite Navy advocate, over the past few years, they promote all the negative events & incidents with glee, and sorta gloss over the positives. What happened...PC or "zero defect"? I've seen it referred to lately as Navy Crimes.:(
BzB

robav8r

None
Contributor
It seems to me that the Navy Times, once a favorite Navy advocate, over the past few years, they promote all the negative events & incidents with glee, and sorta gloss over the positives. What happened...PC or "zero defect"? I've seen it referred to lately as Navy Crimes.:(
BzB

Yep, I think you're right. Doesn't change the Hell Storm this guy is going through though . . .

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
There does have to be some repercussions for your actions...jail-time? No. But if you break a shit-ton of rules and then crash an aircraft and kill people? Maybe letting this guy sign for a plane again isn't the best idea. Hell, I've seen pilots who qualify PPC not be able to sign for the plane because the CO has no faith, and they didn't kill anyone.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There does have to be some repercussions for your actions...jail-time? No. But if you break a shit-ton of rules and then crash an aircraft and kill people? Maybe letting this guy sign for a plane again isn't the best idea. Hell, I've seen pilots who qualify PPC not be able to sign for the plane because the CO has no faith, and they didn't kill anyone.
Which begs the question, why would a CO give someone a qual if the CO doesn't trust that person to use it?