• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coast Guard Motivational Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldwingdreams

<Mad Props>Outstanding work Elder.</Mad Props> All you need now is a catchy phrase and a James Earl Jones voice-over and you're set.

I'm also curious what apps you used to make your vids.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Yeah, I heard the NSE Fleet Fly-In was a Coastie heavy event. But then again, most of the Navy and Marine Corp guys pussed out due to weather. :icon_tong Maybe it was just the Navy.

I was in the simulator that day, I think... so was unable to attend. Think an OCS class mate flew in the Falcon.. LT Laughlin sound familiar? I'll have to ask him.

Video.. well, I initially used Ulead's VideoStudio.. but, you can't get real techinical.. so, I ended up using Ulead's MediaStudio.. more for "pros" - which I'm not.. took a lot of trial and effort.

As far as hosting an 80MB video, you can use http://www.yousendit.com - and I think if the file is over 10MB, then only 10 people can download it before it's automatically deleted. My original file was like 300MB.. I made it smaller so I could host it on my ISP's site.

Thanks for the props. I've since lost all my video files I had for that thing due to a hard drive crash.. that, and I had tapped out all the video sources on the net for that thing. Of course, now I have a digital vid cam and can capture all the video I want from Storm Stories.. but, kinda busy .. last block of Primary RI sims start tomorrow. Maybe you'll see some video in the future from me ... when I'm at the controls. :icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.